yconic - will class averages mean anything in your evaluation?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

will class averages mean anything in your evaluation?

A photo of Yanumga Yanumga
I'm currently studying outside of Canada so I have just finished my grade 12th first semester mid-term.
Since I'm planning to apply for engineering, I really took extra care in science and math courses.
Chem and bio came out alright and earth-system science was pretty good too(not that it matters in applying for engineering), but the thing is one of my two math marks is expected to be slightly 'under' 70%.(possibly 69.3% or something...)
I know I should have put more effort on math and there can not be any excuses for my low mark, but still, our class average came out as 52.5. All my classmates are saying that this test was particularly difficult.
Would this fact be irrelevant with my raw score in the evaluation? Do I still have a chance if I really do better in next term or should I just move my focus to something else?
I'm really depressed over this these days and there aren't many people around to discuss it with.
I hope anyone could give me some guide line for this.
thank you for reading.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of clairec21 clairec21
Unfortunately, class average wont matter for admissions.
Where are you applying to? If your other marks are high enough you might be ok if there's no specific requirement for math.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yanumga Yanumga

@clairec21 wrote
Unfortunately, class average wont matter for admissions.
Where are you applying to? If your other marks are high enough you might be ok if there's no specific requirement for math.

That's really sad. T_T I was planning to apply for SE and there is required limit of like at least 70~75% for math.
Anyway thank you for your answer. have a nice day.
Was this helpful? Yes 0