yconic - Will I be accepted into UBC?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I be accepted into UBC?

A photo of Psychofig Psychofig
Heya,

So I applied at UBC around January 21st and my marks are as follows:

PHYSICS 11 - 77
MATH 11 - 91
SPANISH 11 - 86
ENGLISH 11 - 95
SOCIALS 11 - 87
ENGLISH 12 - 88
HISTORY 12 - 84
ACTING 11 - 100
ACTING 12 - 100
VIDEO PRODUCTION 11 - 94
VIDEO PRODUCTION 12 - 94
INDEPENDENT FILM STUDIES - 98

And I'm currently taking English Literature 12 and Spanish 12, both which I expect an A in.

On my extracurricular/activity portion, I have:

-A dozen hours in volunteer work at Salvation Army
-Starred the main role (Odyseuss) in Chatelech Drama Society's production of "The SeussOdyssey" by Don Zolidis.
-Directed 13 other students, modified and produced the play 12 Angry Men at Chatelech Secondary
-Coded, drew graphics for, voice acted, animated, and designed the flash game Moovlin PC
(which currently has over 500,000 views cumulatively) LINK
-Has been involved in the Chatelech Secondary's weight room for over 300 hours.

NOT ON THE RESUME (as these things are new):

-Entered the semi-finalist contest for the Privacy Commission of Canada Student Video Contest
-Wrote a 120 page screenplay from the ground up and has submitted it to various competitions this year. Finished within 3 months.

I've currently applied in the arts program as I wish to take the Film Production course and also the Theatre program they offer at the campus.

So just wondering if there are any students from UBC in the art program or otherwise that can tell me if I have a good chance of getting in? Any other people here going into the Arts Program at UBC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Academentia Academentia
Yes, last year u got in with 87% and no one read the supplementary, and half the students between 83 and 86 got in too based on their supplementary. You are above 87.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@Psychofig wrote
Heya,

So I applied at UBC around January 21st and my marks are as follows:

PHYSICS 11 - 77
MATH 11 - 91
SPANISH 11 - 86
ENGLISH 11 - 95
SOCIALS 11 - 87
ENGLISH 12 - 88
HISTORY 12 - 84
ACTING 11 - 100
ACTING 12 - 100
VIDEO PRODUCTION 11 - 94
VIDEO PRODUCTION 12 - 94
INDEPENDENT FILM STUDIES - 98

And I'm currently taking English Literature 12 and Spanish 12, both which I expect an A in.

On my extracurricular/activity portion, I have:

-A dozen hours in volunteer work at Salvation Army
-Starred the main role (Odyseuss) in Chatelech Drama Society's production of "The SeussOdyssey" by Don Zolidis.
-Directed 13 other students, modified and produced the play 12 Angry Men at Chatelech Secondary
-Coded, drew graphics for, voice acted, animated, and designed the flash game Moovlin PC
(which currently has over 500,000 views cumulatively) LINK
-Has been involved in the Chatelech Secondary's weight room for over 300 hours.

NOT ON THE RESUME (as these things are new):

-Entered the semi-finalist contest for the Privacy Commission of Canada Student Video Contest
-Wrote a 120 page screenplay from the ground up and has submitted it to various competitions this year. Finished within 3 months.

I've currently applied in the arts program as I wish to take the Film Production course and also the Theatre program they offer at the campus.

So just wondering if there are any students from UBC in the art program or otherwise that can tell me if I have a good chance of getting in? Any other people here going into the Arts Program at UBC?

You have a good chance looking at your averages. They are also putting more emphasis on supplementary applications this year since they are mandatory for all faculties. Just make sure to keep your marks up in the mid-high 80 range and you should be good to go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
Hello, fellow Thunderbird.
O:

Anyways, yep, you're getting in.
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Psychofig Psychofig
Well that's comforting... anybody know when I'll be receiving my acceptance letter then? It's more than half way into march already and I have friends who have been accepted into VIU, Cap and Simon Fraser already...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pokadotsable pokadotsable
Does anybody know if i can get accepted to UBC sauder van with a 90-91 average?
what about sfu?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maex maex
I have around the same avg and I go into SFU a couple weeks ago. I submitted my application pretty early though. Still waiting on Sauder too btw. Are you a BC student?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeah im a bc student
for sfu..i think it's because i only recently self reported my marks
so i think it will take atleast a week for them to reply
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maex maex
I don't really understand how the whole self-reporting thing works.. I've been admitted but I'm sure some of my grades will drop a bit & won't be the exact same as the averages I self-reported by the end of the year. Is there an average you must maintain so secure a spot?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i dont know. I heard you get a conditional offer..so you must maintain an average above 70 or 75..
i actually lowered my grades for the self report..by a percent
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Iblover Iblover
What do you guys think about sciences for vancouver 92%
- black belt
- founded charity
- president of club
- published poet
Was this helpful? Yes 0