yconic - Will I Be Accepted To These Schools?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I Be Accepted To These Schools?

A photo of BillieJackson BillieJackson
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if you guys think that I will be accepted to either McMaster, Western, Waterloo, or Guelph for environmental engineering with a 78% average. I have a sh!tload of extra-curriculars such as 2 part-time jobs, player on 5 school sports teams and rep hockey outside of school. I also sent these schools a medical form because I missed 1.5 weeks of school :(.

Please be honest and I appreciate your advice :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of jessie191 jessie191
I think you're okay for Guelph and McMaster, but I'm not sure about Western and Waterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shafiqaz shafiqaz
you should have heard from mcmaster by now,
i got into environmental science on friday and my average was a little bit higher than yours
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Wait isn't McMaster an 83% cutoff while Western is an 80% cutoff. So should he have a higher chance of getting into Western then into McMaster?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessie191 jessie191
Last year, Western's cutoff for science was 83% too I'm guessing it increased since the cutoff for other programs increased this year. You can't get into Western with -80% unless you write an additional application. I don't know about McMaster but the cutoff I read was high 70's which is what OP has.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike
Cutoff for mac is 82. i can confirm based off of the fall openhouse. all acceptances so far have been >82 and its at some of the last waves. Mac doesn't care about supplementary.

Western is around there too.

No clue about guelph

your best bet is probably UW if your AIF was well written. enviro eng is low 80s. your AIF can bump you by 5% max meaning you'll be in the range. UW is the only one with lenience. the other 3 care strictly about marks meaning if you're below the cut-off you're out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BillieJackson BillieJackson
Thanks for the reply everyone,

I also applied to Queens. Any advice?

Thanks again!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of merm123 merm123

@BillieJackson wrote
Thanks for the reply everyone,

I also applied to Queens. Any advice?

Thanks again!

I think you'll get into Guelph, but not so sure about the others. Good luck though!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of loyolalax9 loyolalax9
I doubt you'll get accepted into Mac because they don't care about EC's and the cutoff is 82% and the lowest average last year for Western was an 83% but for Guelph you should get accepted. The cut off is 76-80 but I'm pretty sure the entire average of the entering class last year was low 80's so you should hear back from them assuming you filled out their student profile form. If you're worried, call admissions, they'll give you an answer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0