yconic - Will I be accepted?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I be accepted?

A photo of coolshoes coolshoes
I go to a non-semestered school, and my marks right now are:

English- 84
Advanced Functions- 90
Chemistry-90
Biology-90
Band-98
Repertoire-100
French-90
Challenge and Change in Society- 88

My top 6 average is from 90-93, depending on which school I go to.
I applied to McGill, Queens, Western Ontario, Toronto, McMaster, and Waterloo (a lot of schools, i know) for Psychology. I am quite involved with extra-curricular activities and in the community. My marks can change throughout the year, and that's what im worried about.

Do you think I will be accepted to Queen's or McGill, as those are my top choices?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Trarod Trarod

@coolshoes wrote

English- 84
Advanced Functions- 90
Chemistry-90
Biology-90
Band-98
Repertoire-100
French-90

I applied to McGill, Queens, Western Ontario, Toronto, McMaster, and Waterloo (a lot of schools, i know) for Psychology. I am quite involved with extra-curricular activities and in the community. My marks can change throughout the year, and that's what im worried about.

Do you think I will be accepted to Queen's or McGill, as those are my top choices?

I think you'll get in no problem, based on your grades alone. The fact that you are involved in ECs is a bonus. But it looks like you could have a bright future as a musician :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anygaard anygaard
im at a semestered school:

English 83%
Advanced functions 85%
Chemistry 88%
Physics 87%

im also president two years running for S.C. and am very active in sports, and have over 100 hours of community service...

will i get into: McMaster, Queens, and U of T??? :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Trarod Trarod

@anygaard wrote
im at a semestered school:

English 83%
Advanced functions 85%
Chemistry 88%
Physics 87%

im also president two years running for S.C. and am very active in sports, and have over 100 hours of community service...

will i get into: McMaster, Queens, and U of T??? :S

Well that would depend on the program you are applying to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred

@coolshoes wrote

English- 84
Advanced Functions- 90
Chemistry-90
Biology-90
Band-98
Repertoire-100
French-90

Unfortunately, Band and Repertoire are not prerequisites to many university programs. What's "Repertoire" anyway?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ForeverPi ForeverPi
@rightsaidfred although band and repertoire aren't prerequisites for most programs, it can still be used in your top 6 marks that the university is going to see. Usually they'll include the mandatory courses like english, advanced functions, and whatever else relates to the program. Then there will be space for your other top marks.

and i don't think you'll have any trouble getting accepted :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0