yconic - Will I be foreverdeclined from health sci?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I be foreverdeclined from health sci?

A photo of Gongshow Gongshow
Hey guys I took 4U chem over the summer in hopes of getting an easy high mark for uni and well... I only ended up getting an 85 due to laziness. I'm going into gr 12 and will have two spares now.

After highschool I'm hoping to get into Mac Health sci, Western biomed, or Queen's life sci

I'm really interested in being a doctor and helping people in general, are my dreams crushed?? A career in health sci is really interesting to me and lately I have begun to be overwhelmed with pressure and anxiety. Help is much appreciated!!! :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Definitely not...you can still easily get a 90+ average with the rest of your top 6 subjects. And getting rejected from Mac health sci does not mean you won't get into med.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
If you're really stupid enough to believe that Mac's health sci is the only path to becoming a doctor then you shouldn't be a doctor in the first place.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@KingKhan wrote
If you're really stupid enough to believe that Mac's health sci is the only path to becoming a doctor then you shouldn't be a doctor in the first place.

i made this topic for advice, not for sass

take your atrocious attitude elsewhere
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Gongshow wrote

@KingKhan wrote

I'm sorry to sound like a troll and rain on your parade but KingKhan raises a very valid point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Xiaohaha wrote

@Gongshow wrote

@KingKhan wrote

I'm sorry to sound like a troll and rain on your parade but KingKhan raises a very valid point.

if you actually read my topic I said that I wasn't just interested in mac health sci

i obviously have little knowledge on the world of medicine/health sci so you could actually be helpful and recommend something instead of wasting my time
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512

I'm really interested in being a doctor and helping people in general, are my dreams crushed??

Yes, now that you've screwed up your chemistry mark all your hopes are gone. The mac health sci committee will see your summer slack as weakness and you won't get in. And you can't get into med school if you're not in health sci.

Actually, no.
Rules of becoming a doctor
[list][*]Your high school marks don't matter
[*]Your choice of undergrad doesn't matter
[*]Mac health sci is not a golden ticket[/list]

Also the rumors about health sci are completely false. You do not need a 95%+. The stats only show this correlation because of course it is less likely to create an outstanding application if you're in the lower range of applicants. Yet marks fluctuate between schools/time periods and it is still very much a reality to be accepted with under 95%, you just need an excellent application, much like anyone else.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
Regardless of program, there is no such thing as "dreams crushed" from one mark in grade 12. Heck, not even if you get rejected. You may have slacked off, but you can change that. It's not the end of the world if you don't get into health sci either, whether it be Mac, Queen's, or wherever. It is true that your application needs to be great, but if you really care about getting accepted into health science, you'd take your time and polish it. "Lazy doctor" sounds like an oxymoron, right?

Don't give up, and remember that there is no "forever declined from health sci". As you mentioned in your original post, your goal is to help others out in general. If that's true, you should be kind to your respondents and appreciate their help first. I know you don't like sass, we don't either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0