yconic - Will I get accepted any time soon?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get accepted any time soon?

A photo of Dok2ROK Dok2ROK
Here are my gr.12 marks:

1st semester

Advanced Functions: 93
Chemistry: 90
Physics: 80
English: 89 (Private School)

2nd semester (Mid-term)

Data Management: 92
Calculus: 94
International Business: 100
and Biology: 87 (Summer school)

Top 6 Average: 91.0%

I have applied to: Waterloo(Chemical engineering), U of T (Track One), Mcmaster, and Western all for their engineering programs and i have yet to receive offers from any of those universities. Do you guys think i have a good chance of getting accepted any time soon? especially Waterloo and U of T because i'm hearing people with higher averages receiving their alternative offers instead of their first choice :S (AIF and SPF were decent, but not great). I am becoming extremely nervous because people with lower averages than me have gotten accepted to universities such as Mcmaster :(

Also will they care about my english mark since it was taken at a private school? and also my low physics mark? answers will be much appreciated!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of LRooke LRooke

@Dok2ROK wrote
Here are my gr.12 marks:

1st semester

2nd semester (Mid-term)

I have applied to: Waterloo(Chemical engineering), U of T (Track One), Mcmaster, and Western all for their engineering programs and i have yet to receive offers from any of those universities. Do you guys think i have a good chance of getting accepted any time soon? especially Waterloo and U of T because i'm hearing people with higher averages receiving their alternative offers instead of their first choice :S (AIF and SPF were decent, but not great). I am becoming extremely nervous because people with lower averages than me have gotten accepted to universities such as Mcmaster :(

Also will they care about my english mark since it was taken at a private school? and also my low physics mark? answers will be much appreciated!

I would call up admissions immediately and ask if your application's missing anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of srkambbs srkambbs

@Dok2ROK wrote
Here are my gr.12 marks:

1st semester

2nd semester (Mid-term)

Like the person above said you need to verify with the OUAC or the admissions office if anything's wrong. I mean even if your physic mark is a 80 but waterloo's chemical engineering requires a low 80. And the other marks are really high. You should have at least got an acceptance from uoft or mcmaster because I got an 80 in my math course which pulled my average down, but I got accepted. And I don't think that taking a course in a private school matters. Anyways, try contacting people and talk to your guidance counselor. Good Luck :bom:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb
I also agree 100% on contacting them

My marks are

Physics - 85
Chem - 88
Adv. Functions - 83
Calculus - 90
English -79

and out of your universities i was accepted into Western for Engineering in early acceptance... I don't think my Ec's were that good either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lolcostco lolcostco
that's strange.. are your marks up on OUAC yet? If they are.. then I think something might be wrong.. you should call and check just to make sure.

Also, for Waterloo, log on to Quest to see if they've received your midterm (or any) of your marks.

[size=1]*stares at username* listen to doki?[/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My mid-term marks were updated on OUAC on the 29th which was friday (a little bit late) and that was the day when people were getting accepted to Mcmaster. i think i didn't an acceptance since my mark wasn't updated :S

And for u of t, i just heard that acceptances are coming around mid-may, same with western and waterloo ( my marks just got updated on quest).

But should i still call the admission offices? and if i do, should i ask them if my application is missing any information?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lolcostco wrote
that's strange.. are your marks up on OUAC yet? If they are.. then I think something might be wrong.. you should call and check just to make sure.

Also, for Waterloo, log on to Quest to see if they've received your midterm (or any) of your marks.

[size=1]*stares at username* listen to doki?[/size]

yeah i do, do you listen to him?! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lolcostco lolcostco

@Dok2ROK wrote
My mid-term marks were updated on OUAC on the 29th which was friday (a little bit late) and that was the day when people were getting accepted to Mcmaster. i think i didn't an acceptance since my mark wasn't updated :S

And for u of t, i just heard that acceptances are coming around mid-may, same with western and waterloo ( my marks just got updated on quest).

But should i still call the admission offices? and if i do, should i ask them if my application is missing any information?

Yeah, you should. You're marks are really high, I'm surprised you haven't received an early offer already (especially from McMaster, unless your grade 11 marks weren't that great..)
Just to be safe though, you should. :)

[size=1]and yes, but I'm not Korean. :x[/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0