yconic - Will I Get Accepted in Laurier Honours BBA? HELP PLZ
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I Get Accepted in Laurier Honours BBA? HELP PLZ

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
Okayy so i am one desperate kid who wants to so badly want get into Laurier's BBA Program. It seems like an amazing program as well as the well recognized social environment. I heard the cutoff is 86% but alot of people are saying it may go up to 87% :(. My marks so far are;

Advanced Functions: 89
English: 91
International Business:85
World Issues: 90
Environment: 92
Calculus: 90 (Estimated)

Total Average: 89.5

Will i get Accepted???
And also does Laurier round up your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of TheConsultant TheConsultant
dont know if they round but in all likelihood you will get in, i had my acceptance from WLU by November ( and i had a lower average) but i applied outside of Canada, I also applied in like September. i believe they mail you some sort of EC thing so you can fill out your EC's , i got my ABS after i got my acceptance which i found hilarious
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
Definitely. I know kids last year with 84 averages and practically very few EC's got in. A lot of them did. I would say, work just a little harder, and you can apply to schools such as Ivey/Schulich. You should also look into Queen's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Your average is above the cutoff, which means you will get in as long as you maintain it. If you are within three percent of the cutoff, they will look at your ABS to give you another shot at getting in.

They don't round up your average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
not to worry, your going to get accepted for sure. However, if you can boost that international business mark up to mid 90s(if you can) and you'll also get a scholarship for laurier's BBA program. I would say, you'd also stand a good chance for Schulich and Ivey (like Finance27 said). Good luck(:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
Alright thanks for the feedback guys. :)
I also was wondering if Laurier takes your Grade 11 marks into consideration.
And does Laurier care if you have taken private school for like a couple courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Neil01 wrote
Alright thanks for the feedback guys. :)
I also was wondering if Laurier takes your Grade 11 marks into consideration.
And does Laurier care if you have taken private school for like a couple courses?

They will look at Grade 11 marks twice:

-from whenever you apply until the end of January roughly, acceptance if your Grade 11 average is above 92/93 area

-from late February to late March roughly, acceptance is based on your top 3 Grade 12 courses and your top 3 other courses (can be Grade 11 or 12), not sure what the cutoff is for there (high-80s, maybe up to 90, not quite sure).

The final round (after midterms, the big batch) they will only look at your Grade 12 marks.

They don't care about private/summer/night school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
Thnx, so even if you were to take like 3 private school courses that will be in ur top 6 they won't care?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@Neil01 wrote
Thnx, so even if you were to take like 3 private school courses that will be in ur top 6 they won't care?

I dont think there should be a problem as long as most of the marks were attained through first attempt. Also, there was a lot of issues with private schools last year. So just check with your counselor, if the private school is accredited. Good luck (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
I honeslty dont think Laurier cares how many whatever school courses you take, u cud email/phone them if you really want to. And ya they don't round, so try and bump that average to >90 cuz youll get a scholarship, there's no money for 85-89.9 if you're in bba.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
Does Laurier also care about ur EC's, cause mine are very bad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster

@Neil01 wrote
Does Laurier also care about ur EC's, cause mine are very bad.

g93 already answered this. as long as you are above the cutoff (86-88 area) they dont look at ur ECs. If ur below the cutoff (within 3%) they look at ur abs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HamzaM HamzaM

@Neil01 wrote
Okayy so i am one desperate kid who wants to so badly want get into Laurier's BBA Program. It seems like an amazing program as well as the well recognized social environment. I heard the cutoff is 86% but alot of people are saying it may go up to 87% :(. My marks so far are;

Advanced Functions: 89
English: 91
International Business:85
World Issues: 90
Environment: 92
Calculus: 90 (Estimated)

Total Average: 89.5

Will i get Accepted???
And also does Laurier round up your average?

Yes you will get in. I got my early acceptance this week from them for the same program and my average is around the same thing as yours. The only reason i got in this early was because of my grade 11 marks. So, you'll be fine :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted