yconic - Will I Get Accepted into Laurier BBA? PLZ HELP
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I Get Accepted into Laurier BBA? PLZ HELP

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
I have an 85.6 % and really want to get into Laurier's BBA Program. I've been so desperate this entire year, and everyone is counting on me getting in. But i really don't wanna disappoint anyone especially myself. K i think this is getting a little off-topic, but basically can anyone of you tell me if i will get accepted with this average and marks. Unfortunately i fell short under the cutoff. They say it will be 87% :(

Advanced Functions: 90
Calculus: 87
English: 94
World Issues: 80
Environment: 94
International Business: 70

Combined Average: 85.6 %

My international business teacher really fked me over and i don't want an alternate offer to economics :( I'm so scared right now, shitting my pants and i will cry if i don't get in. So many other people i know have like 88's, 89's, 87's, do i really stand a chance? I also completed the ABS Form, and think it was alright. I have no idea whats gonna happen and i actually want Laurier so badly, every single day i get so stressed thinking about this Laurier acceptance. If i don't get in i'll feel like i let myself down, and plus i don't wanna see how disappointed my parents will be. I'll do anything for this Laurier acceptance like i think im the most desperate kid that wants this program :(

Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of computerengineer computerengineer
Wow your math and english marks are so good. Is international business even a prerequisite? Why do you have it in your top 6. If you could replace that with a 90 you are in for sure. Otherwise, you have a decent shot. They might not care all that much about other marks then prerequisites.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
No international business is not a required prerequisite, i was sick for like 2-3 weeks before midterms so i was not able to show up to school. My other teachers understood my situation, however my I.B teacher didn't believe me and ended up giving me a horrible mark. I know :( I'm so disappointed...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Your acceptance is gonna depend on how well you did your ABS, but you definitely have a chance. Yo, chin up. If you don't get in it ain't the end of the world. Good Luck dude.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
Thnx for the support! :) And trust me man i wouldn't be able to move forward without this acceptance, im so desperate i really want it. But its getting alot more competitive, i know last year people got accepted with low 80's. My friend got accepted with an 84%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jason202 Jason202
just what i know/heard so dont quote me ~

if ur abs is good then i think you have a good chance :)
a decent abs boosts your chances up by 3% that can be added on to your avg~
so technically ur mark is 88 ~ cheers
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
I'm just scared how my ABS Form will compare to other applicants, especially when their averages are a little better than mine. I'm so scared with this 85.6% average, and we only have 1 month remaining to get accepted :( I dont know what to do with my life.
Was this helpful? Yes 0