yconic - will i get accepted into ryerson biology? :(
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

will i get accepted into ryerson biology? :(

A photo of naramyy naramyy
Hey guys i have a 72% overall average, i know i know its horrible, but do you think i stand a chance of getting accepted into ryerson's bio program? For the past 2 years the average has been between a 72-74. i know 3 people that applied, one had a 90, and the other 2 had a 76-77 and all 3 have gotten accepted a long time ago. Its mid may and i havnt heard anything from any university, do i still have a chance of getting into ryerson as i know thats my best bet? :( (yn)
Was this helpful? Yes 1
23 replies

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
i would recommend you call them and just ask straight up if your average is enough, and if it is, when you will hear from them
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jack555 wrote
i would recommend you call them and just ask straight up if your average is enough, and if it is, when you will hear from them

i've already tried that, all they said is that its subject to competition each year and they cant say what mark will guarantee an acceptance or even if my mark is enough cause it changes every year (n)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
I got in in February, and they told me to maintain a 74% by the end. But, I think 72 is enough to get you in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@safarhealthsci1 wrote
I got in in February, and they told me to maintain a 74% by the end. But, I think 72 is enough to get you in.

thanks for the positive response, i really hope thats the case because its already the 15th and still no word from them!! :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cheesedip Cheesedip
Your chances are not that great, but since the program only requires 72-74 average and you have a 72% average, you'd probably get in. I got a conditional offer in Ryerson Biology around May 10th with a 77% overall average so its good to know some people actually applied to this. xD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yea just wit some more, People like myself will be declining their offers and spaces will open up. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Still no word from any university :(!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xtread xtread
if I were you call them

your average should be fine actually :) don't worry when people are accepting their offers spaces come :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@xtread wrote
if I were you call them

your average should be fine actually :) don't worry when people are accepting their offers spaces come :)

I've called them a couple of times actuaally but they keep giving me vague answers so I just have to wait and see, its just so nerve racking! :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xtread xtread
im sure you'll get it :) give it time
besides, good things come to those who wait :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I just rejected my offer (just for you :P)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@safarhealthsci1 wrote

Ahha thanks buddy, do you think they've sent out all their acceptances yet, because I only know of 5 people that applied and that includes myself as well as you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@naramyy wrote

@safarhealthsci1 wrote

Ahha thanks buddy, do you think they've sent out all their acceptances yet, because I only know of 5 people that applied and that includes myself as well as you.

Well I got in in February, so it was early. I think you can still get accepted because some people may have other universities as their first choices, etc. So just wait, you haven't been rejected yet..so its still a 50/50 situation. I am sure they fill all the seats up (I rejected my spot so they gotta fill it up, so people waiting like yourself take that spot). Update us on what happened. All the best!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@safarhealthsci1 wrote

@naramyy wrote

@safarhealthsci1 wrote

Well I got in in February, so it was early. I think you can still get accepted because some people may have other universities as their first choices, etc. So just wait, you haven't been rejected yet..so its still a 50/50 situation. I am sure they fill all the seats up (I rejected my spot so they gotta fill it up, so people waiting like yourself take that spot). Update us on what happened. All the best!

thanks, i really hope thats the case cause ryerson is my only shot right now :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xtread xtread
worst case scenario, is that they'll put you on the waiting list, so when people turns down their offer, they'll give the spot to you :) \

my friend just got it on the waiting list and pending till july, so work hard till end of june!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@xtread wrote
worst case scenario, is that they'll put you on the waiting list, so when people turns down their offer, they'll give the spot to you :) \

my friend just got it on the waiting list and pending till july, so work hard till end of june!

he got on the waiting list for biology? :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xtread xtread
nono business management

i'm probably not going to ryerson? soo if I'm not hope you can get my offer :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@xtread wrote
nono business management

i'm probably not going to ryerson? soo if I'm not hope you can get my offer :)

Oh that's such a relief, my heart almost sank cause I thought he got waitlisted for bio. Do you think I stand a chance of getting an offer before the 30th?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i got a conditional offer of acceptance today :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: i know it doesnt seem like much but i have a place to go to now! my current average this semester is a 70.3 and last semester was 73.3 but i have to maintain a 73 overall in order to get in so all i have to do is increase my average this semester by 2.7%. doesnt seem to difficult
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@naramyy wrote
i got a conditional offer of acceptance today :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: i know it doesnt seem like much but i have a place to go to now! my current average this semester is a 70.3 and last semester was 73.3 but i have to maintain a 73 overall in order to get in so all i have to do is increase my average this semester by 2.7%. doesnt seem to difficult

Thats great news!Gratz!Thanks for updating us.. Good luck with everything :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Going up 3% when you're at 70 isn't that bad. You can do it.

Congratulations on getting in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sillyrabbit sillyrabbit
congratulations ole buddy ole pal........I love you.....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Divya09 Divya09
I applied to Ryerson for undeclared science and my marks are :

World issues: 94
Dramatic Arts: 90
Advanced functions: atm 80 (can go higher)
Chemistry: 75
English: I'm taking a guess at 60 (can be lower) because my teacher won't give us a mark update
Physics: 53 ..

my averages comes to: 75 (can be lower at english because i have no idea what im getting in that class)

will i get in ?
Was this helpful? Yes 1