yconic - Will I get accepted to McMaster Engineering (Co-op)?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get accepted to McMaster Engineering (Co-op)?

A photo of MrHighTech MrHighTech
Hi guys,
Im in grade 12 and I applied to Engineering I at McMaster University (Co-op) specializing in Mechatronics. Currently my average is 80% on the dot. I was wondering if i will get accepted to McMaster, University of Western Ontario and Carelton for Engineering? I have all the pre-req courses 5U and 1M which give me my current average of 80%. Please let me know ASAP. Thank you everyone :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of ILovePeach ILovePeach

@MrHighTech wrote
Hi guys,
Im in grade 12 and I applied to Engineering I at McMaster University (Co-op) specializing in Mechatronics. Currently my average is 80% on the dot. I was wondering if i will get accepted to McMaster, University of Western Ontario and Carelton for Engineering? I have all the pre-req courses 5U and 1M which give me my current average of 80%. Please let me know ASAP. Thank you everyone :)

The majority of universities require 85+ average to be really admitted to their engineering programs. No one can say for sure since those decision makers are unpredictable.
BTW, how's your extracurricular activities? Those can help you amazingly. I know a guy whose average was in low 80s, but his EC was so good that Mac-----(Not Mac, my bad, U of T):cat: did give him an offer from regular engineering program.:albino:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike

@ILovePeach wrote

@MrHighTech wrote
Hi guys,

The majority of universities require 85+ average to be really admitted to their engineering programs. No one can say for sure since those decision makers are unpredictable.
BTW, how's your extracurricular activities? Those can help you amazingly. I know a guy whose average was in low 80s, but his EC was so good that Mac did give him an offer from regular engineering program.:albino:

Mac doesn't care about extra-curriculars. At all, it counts for zero. You could be jesus himself and you wouldn't have done enough for it to count for your app.

Also Mac is admitting students in the 82s right now. It may go lower by the end of may.

If you do get an offer OP, it'll be one of the last waves.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Beejeong Beejeong
i believeee mcmaster second wave admissions already went out this week?
im not completely sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yaroslav64 Yaroslav64

@ILovePeach wrote

@MrHighTech wrote
Hi guys,

BTW, how's your extracurricular activities? Those can help you amazingly. I know a guy whose average was in low 80s, but his EC was so good that Mac did give him an offer from regular engineering program.:albino:

Wrong, very few engineering programs require an 85 and none of the universities he listed do thats for sure. You'll get into carleton but mac and western might just be a few precent out of your league. I got into mac with a 83.17 so its not unheard of for OP to get in. Keep those fingers crossed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sdey22 sdey22
I got into mac with 83.5% this week, but 80% is kind of on the low side. They're expecting to do one last wave of acceptances apparently, and that might be in the 82% range. However, good luck (yn)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Yaroslav64 wrote

@ILovePeach wrote

@MrHighTech wrote
Hi guys,

Wrong, very few engineering programs require an 85 and none of the universities he listed do thats for sure. You'll get into carleton but mac and western might just be a few precent out of your league. I got into mac with a 83.17 so its not unheard of for OP to get in. Keep those fingers crossed.

For U of T and Waterloo, they have their requirements written in those booklets they give out. Both require mid to high 80s to be considered.
And I said "to be really admitted to ..." :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yaroslav64 Yaroslav64

@ILovePeach wrote

@Yaroslav64 wrote

@ILovePeach wrote

@MrHighTech wrote
Hi guys,

For U of T and Waterloo, they have their requirements written in those booklets they give out. Both require mid to high 80s to be considered.

OP didnt apply to either of those schools though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Yaroslav64 wrote

@ILovePeach wrote

@Yaroslav64 wrote

@ILovePeach wrote

@MrHighTech wrote
Hi guys,

Dude,it is a general description, not for those specific 3 schools he listed. - -
We both know that schools he listed require less than those "top" universities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Yaroslav64 wrote

@ILovePeach wrote

@Yaroslav64 wrote

@ILovePeach wrote

@MrHighTech wrote
Hi guys,

Dude,it is a general description, not for those specific 3 schools he listed. - -
We both know that schools he listed require less than those "top" universities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of INVISIBLE INVISIBLE
Hey guys, so I got into McMaster Engineering co-op and I read on the requirements sheet from the booklet they sent that I needed to maintain an 80 average to keep my offer.
I was wondering if I needed 80 in all required courses or just the overall average?
My physics and chemistry marks are dropping :/
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike

@INVISIBLE wrote
Hey guys, so I got into McMaster Engineering co-op and I read on the requirements sheet from the booklet they sent that I needed to maintain an 80 average to keep my offer.
I was wondering if I needed 80 in all required courses or just the overall average?
My physics and chemistry marks are dropping :/
Thanks

As far as i know, your average from your top 6 needs to be 80%+. Which is fair, since half your courses are done already, you only have another three that'll bring you down.
Was this helpful? Yes 0