yconic - WILL I GET ACCEPTED TO ROTMAN HELP!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WILL I GET ACCEPTED TO ROTMAN HELP!

A photo of SugarWish SugarWish
I am currently a grade 12 trying to get into uoft in the hopes of becoming an accountant.
My marks are currently:
English- 76%
Advanced Functions- 80%
Data Management- 83%

This semester I will be taking these course with the hopes of getting marks of:
Calculus- 85-90%
Accounting- 90-95%
Organizational Studies- 90%

I completed my personal statement and feel quite content and happy with it. So I was wondering if there is any chance of me getting into the Rotman program where the min. accepted average is mid-80's.

Thank You.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Viking23 Viking23
Not to sound negative but your chances don't seem great. From what I've read, Rotman puts a lot of importance to English and Calculus and Vectors. A 76% in English is really hurting your chances. But if you were to get an amazing second semester average, and your personal statement is really good, you might be accepted.

My advice to you is to stop worrying about acceptances and just focus on the courses your're taking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite
If you get 90s in all 3 subjects then yeah, you might. But not to be rude or anything, but if you got an 80 in advanced functions, what makes you think you would get a 90 in calculus?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SugarWish SugarWish

@erudite wrote
If you get 90s in all 3 subjects then yeah, you might. But not to be rude or anything, but if you got an 80 in advanced functions, what makes you think you would get a 90 in calculus?

I actually understand what's going on in calculus as well as th quizzes and tests we've done thus far I have got over 90's. And I got myself a tutor, so I just hope that I can keep up my marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gintama Gintama
me too...
i got an 76 in my English, but a 97 for TDJ4M, 90 for AP Econ, 92 for AD Function, 88 for DATA(but i will not use it for top 6 )
and im pretty sure i could get a 95+ for String and probably a 93-96 for calculus....and i might earn a 90+ in philosophy

do i still have a chance ? but i have not sent my sf yet....however, i have mailed them 3 letters of recommendation..

ps. would 311 community hours and a good ECs help?

good luck-v-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chiqua99 chiqua99
I have a question about marks...
My calc teacher posted my mark as 85 on the ouac website, but if I bump it up to a 90, is there any chance Rotman will take that into consideration. I was really stressed out by my workload in the beginning of the school year, but now I've been getting 90s on my tests!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of johneidude johneidude
Your English and Calculus marks are very low (especially considering the ease the math and English programs in Canadian high schools). If you can do well in Calculus (which is significantly harder than AF) then they may have a chance. Either way though, keep in mind that Rotman is very rigorous in its first year, many students get weeded out because they can not meet the minimum. Either way, even if you get in, you may be kicked out after first year, because the level of difficulty between a Canadian High School and University is very different.

Also, I dont remember this clearly (because I did the whole application process a long time ago) but Rotman requires you to have solid EC's, but I may be wrong on this one.

On another note, always wondered how Ontario and Canadian public school students have it so easy in terms of admissions, only grade 12 grades matter, and they look at top 6. Quite different from what US schools do (and Canadian schools do for international students) where they look at all 4 years, emphasize EC's, and look at the difficulty of courses (so IB/AP vs. regular courses).
Was this helpful? Yes 0