yconic - WILL I GET ACCEPTED?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WILL I GET ACCEPTED?

A photo of matti369 matti369
Hey guys I've applied to 6 programs this year and have gotten into 4.
My top 6 was 81.5 and I am still waiting for Mac commerce and western BMO
Is there any chance I'll get into any of these? (especially mac)
I know both cutoffs are low 80s however I called Mcmaster and they said their cutoff was 83. However last week my friend got in with an 82.
Do I still have a chance? :(
Also when do the last bits of offers come out?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of Blistex Blistex
I'm waiting on mac also with an 81.66 average (yn) hoping to get in, good luck to you

when I called they said 83 too, some people have told me not to worry others have said I wont get in, so Im not sure :P

last year on may13th ( so tommorow ) was the day people with 81.33's got in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hahaha i think weve had the same experiences then because this whole week ive been looking at other answers and probably found the same forum as you were someone got in with an 81 on march 13 2010 :P ya people have been giving me different answers aswell and ive come to the conclusion that if enough people reject their offers we might have a chance? hopefully well both get in soon!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sefear Sefear
Same position as you. I'm sitting at an 81.3 average though. I guess all we can do is wait till tomorrow and see
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You guys have to let me know tomorrow if you get in (yn)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Blistex Blistex
Maybe we'll know today, if not can someone call and ask whats up and what the current admission average is and how low it will go. I called enough times, and if I call one more time they're going to hate me -_-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Woke up this morning expecting something from ouac but nothing. Unless we get some email of acceptance today looks like were gonna have to keep waiting. I might call today after school if I have time but I doubt I will. When I called last time the lady told me it's 83 and she expects that cutoff to be strict. She tried to transfer me to someone else who would know more, the "secondary school admissions office", however it was sent to voicemail. If anyone could get a hold of that person we might know a little more.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bulletxstar bulletxstar
Hi guys!

Since many of you seem to have coasted the forum's I was wondering if any of you know if it's possible to switch into a business major. I was accepted in March for Social Science I at McMaster, but since yesterday I have found a new interest in being a CA. It's too late to apply to a accredited business program but not too late to switch over. I was accepted with an 85.5 average and I currently have an 88.5 average. I have also taken Advanced Functions and Data Management where I received 85% in both (It wont move!) and will be graduating with 9 M/U credits. Do you guys think it is possible to switch so late in the process?

Please and thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of monahilqazi monahilqazi
im waiting for mac too. i have an 81.8% averagee and i really hope to get in. do you think there's still a chance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey guys, I found some valuable info from an alumni from Mcmaster who is helping with admissions this year. Apparently the last batch of offers (around 100) will be given out to people who placed Mcmaster low in thier rankings. I know this sounds odd but they are doing this for two reasons. 1.they are short on spots so people who ranked them low won't all accept. and 2. They want to recruit students with changed mindsets (for some odd reason). It's best therefor to change them in rankings to lower spots. I already have however it takes one business day to take effect :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

Bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy

@bulletxstar wrote
Hi guys!

Since many of you seem to have coasted the forum's I was wondering if any of you know if it's possible to switch into a business major. I was accepted in March for Social Science I at McMaster, but since yesterday I have found a new interest in being a CA. It's too late to apply to a accredited business program but not too late to switch over. I was accepted with an 85.5 average and I currently have an 88.5 average. I have also taken Advanced Functions and Data Management where I received 85% in both (It wont move!) and will be graduating with 9 M/U credits. Do you guys think it is possible to switch so late in the process?

Please and thank you!

Pretty sure you can do that sInce you are clearly above the cutoff. Just give Mcmaster a call and see what the process is like.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChickenSoup ChickenSoup
is guelph co-op management economic finance good? compare to waterloo co-op business art? and yea 81 82 average is tight but have a chance! gluck! but still ur other offers are good too, consider them!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@ChickenSoup wrote
is guelph co-op management economic finance good? compare to waterloo co-op business art? and yea 81 82 average is tight but have a chance! gluck! but still ur other offers are good too, consider them!

You have an 85+ average and didn't apply to McMaster, Laurier, UTM, Brock, etc?
Was this helpful? Yes 0