yconic - Will i get AFMAA with an average of 82.5
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will i get AFMAA with an average of 82.5

A photo of Arsee Arsee
Will i get AFMAA with an average of 82.5
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of erudite erudite
Well you won't get into the program with that average....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
You may get an AFMAA invite, but I also don't think an acceptance is realistic. THe averages printed on their pamphlets are for the the AFMMAA, but for getting into the actual programs, averages are more like 89%+ for FM and 92%+ for PA
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman
It depends on what your average is exactly calculated to.. as in will it be an 82.5, will it be 83 or higher, or will it be less than 82.5? At an 82.5 I'm sorry to say but I don't imagine your chances of getting an invite are very high (you also need a 75 in English btw, not sure if that applies). That's just a guess though, the only thing you can do is wait and see! Also, even if you get invited, it's going to be really tough, if near impossible, to get in with an 82.5/83 or so.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PrettyWoman PrettyWoman
Apparently, they also take into account your entire transcript -- I talked to Patty Mah and she explained how they use a calculation method, where they input your grade 12 marks and marks from your transcript (probably grade 11 - 12). So pretty much, they consider your transcript as well to make sure there aren't too many fluctuations (I guess).
And you'll find out if you are invited or not by March 12 the latest!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KeruiQiu KeruiQiu
no.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Virtuoso Virtuoso
So they look at Grade 11 marks too? Fml. Why can't they only look at Grade 12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@Virtuoso wrote
So they look at Grade 11 marks too? Fml. Why can't they only look at Grade 12.

That person may have misunderstood what they were telling him/her. As far as I know, from all of the publications and such, they look at your Grade 12 marks. If you don't have the prerequisites completed and/or don't have many courses completed, they will/may look at your Grade 11 courses to get a better indication of what you are capable of- and they need to see prereqs.

Just wait and hope for the best. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0