yconic - Will I get in to Eng Sci?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get in to Eng Sci?

A photo of MohitG MohitG
I would really like to get into the Eng Sci at the university of toronto, the problem is my physics mark. Right now the prereqs I have out of the 6 are physics, biology, and the elective I'll be using is economics. The marks were 78, 90, and 96 respectively. I'm aiming for a 95+ in calculus and around 90 in chem and eng, but maybe lower. The only problem is my physics mark, i had a 90 in it last year, I had a really hard teacher and messed up :S But do you guys think it's still possible?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Its still possible but remember they only look at five prereqs for uoft engineering. Check out the minimum requirements for physics and such im not sure if its different for engsci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
U of T engineering looks at 6 marks, depending on where your from. What province are you in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MohitG MohitG
I'm in Ontario.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Then they look at your top 6 marks. But on the site it says they "place emphasis on english, math, science" or something along the lines of that. So that 78 in physics might hurt your chances, but if you can keep your average in the high 80's, you'd still have a good chance. And above 90 you should be safe, despite the 78 in physics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kristofer Kristofer
I hate to be a downer or whatnot but that 78 in physics really sets back your chances of getting accepted into engsci. Unless you have a lot of extracurriculars or something, my personal belief is that you will not get accepted.
Besides, you're not the only one who has had a really hard teacher. I do admit, however, that it is unfair that some students have easier teachers but that may ultimately be to their detriment.

Why do you "really want to get into engsci"? There may be other, better options.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Beejay93 Beejay93
I just received a conditional acceptance to Waterloo Mechatronics Engineering Program. And I think that you should aim for Mechatronics over Engsci. Because Engsci it is almost guaranteed you will come out with a crap GPA unless your a genius which most of us aren't.I have yet to receive anything from U of T but im not even planning on going there. And waterloo lets you apply till the march 1st or 4th so u should atleast apply to waterloo. Or im hoping you did.

My marks are as follows:

Calc:98
Data Mngnt: 99
Advanced Functions: 94
Physics: 96
English:87
Chemistry: not yet completed.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Muirhead11 Muirhead11

@Beejay93 wrote
I just received a conditional acceptance to Waterloo Mechatronics Engineering Program. And I think that you should aim for Mechatronics over Engsci. Because Engsci it is almost guaranteed you will come out with a crap GPA unless your a genius which most of us aren't.I have yet to receive anything from U of T but im not even planning on going there. And waterloo lets you apply till the march 1st or 4th so u should atleast apply to waterloo. Or im hoping you did.

My marks are as follows:

Calc:98
Data Mngnt: 99
Advanced Functions: 94
Physics: 96
English:87
Chemistry: not yet completed.

You sir are a genius
Was this helpful? Yes 0