yconic - WIll I Get In?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WIll I Get In?

A photo of vmss101 vmss101
Hello,
My current average of my top 6 is around 82%. Keep in mind my school is non-semestered so classes run full year. If i am able to get my average up to around 85, what are my chances at U of T and Waterloo Engineering. I filled out the SPF and AIF and i have played quite a bit of sports and wrote some math and cs contests.

Thank you for taking your time to read this
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I don't think your marks are high enough for U of T early acceptance, but maybe Waterloo if your AIF was pretty solid.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
I don't think your marks are high enough for U of T early acceptance, but maybe Waterloo if your AIF was pretty solid.

I am not looking for the early acceptance. I just want to get in by the end of the year. Possible or no?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
If you can increase that by 3-4%, definitely possible.
But even if you remain at 85%.. I think it would still be possible for regular acceptance.. you'd be right on cut-off.. so obviously, the higher you get it, the better.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Depends on the program too. I think mechatronics has a higher cutoff than, let's say chemical, and then trakcone and engsci have even higher cutoffs. You should be fine with an 85 for lower programs, but TrackOne and EngSci probably need around 88+ to be competitive.
Also, which math contests did you write? Euclid? COMC? What was your score if you don't mind me asking :P I hear waterlo puts a lot of emphasis on these, and a good score (maybe top 20th percentile) could really help you out
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jopet Jopet
@vmss101 Hey, you mentioned you've played quite a bit of sports. Extra-curriculars are good and I think your chances should be pretty good. I've talked to a Waterloo representative and I was told that someone with good extra-curricular activities, but have a lower average than someone with, let's say an 87% average and not as many extra-curricular activities, will have a higher chance of getting in. Also, I don't believe Waterloo has actual cut-offs because on their website it clearly states that since admission averages constantly change every year they must look at other factors, like the sports you've played.
Was this helpful? Yes 0