yconic - will i get in?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

will i get in?

A photo of caledunham caledunham
I applied to Brock University for Business Administration and University of Guelph Commerce (Management Economics and Finance), and instead got alternate offers to both in March. The alternate offers were Economics (no co-op) at Brock and Management Economics and Finance (same program with no co-op) at Guelph, so what are my chances of being accepted to the programs I applied to with co-op with my upgraded marks from last semester?

First Semester (final marks):

English - 60 (retaking this semester so should not matter towards average)
Advanced Functions - 65
World Issues - 80
Data Management - 87

Second Semester (midterms):

English - 75
Accounting - 90
Earth & Space Science - 63 (online course, mark still hasn't been reported on the OUAC website)

Top 6 average (removing first semester English) - 76.67%

So, do I stand a chance at getting into the two programs I mentioned above??
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of g93 g93
How was your supplementary application for Guelph? (can't remember if Brock has one)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@g93 wrote
How was your supplementary application for Guelph? (can't remember if Brock has one)

The student profile form? I did that a while ago and I thought I did a pretty good job on making it look good, the Guelph site says the cutoff range is 75-80% for Bachelor of Commerce, and in mid-May they will give out more admissions to those within the range so hopefully I will get the offer very soon..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@caledunham wrote

@g93 wrote

The student profile form? I did that a while ago and I thought I did a pretty good job on making it look good, the Guelph site says the cutoff range is 75-80% for Bachelor of Commerce, and in mid-May they will give out more admissions to those within the range so hopefully I will get the offer very soon..

I'd suspect you are safe for Guelph.

I am not sure about Brock BBA, don't know a ton about the admissions for the program, but if I had to guess you'd probably be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mannyTHEgoat mannyTHEgoat

@caledunham wrote
I applied to Brock University for Business Administration and University of Guelph Commerce (Management Economics and Finance), and instead got alternate offers to both in March. The alternate offers were Economics (no co-op) at Brock and Management Economics and Finance (same program with no co-op) at Guelph, so what are my chances of being accepted to the programs I applied to with co-op with my upgraded marks from last semester?

Advanced Functions - 65
World Issues - 80
Data Management - 87

English - 75
Accounting - 90
Earth & Space Science - 63 (online course, mark still hasn't been reported on the OUAC website)

You will get accepted because in the letter you got from brock in early march indicated that they did not have your final 6 U/M course marks for your preferred selection. It says in the letter that they will be reviewing and submitting you your original course. I know this because I also got an alternative offer from Brock then received my BBA offer in may. Brock only allows you to have an option of 1 program to choose your acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mannyTHEgoat wrote

@caledunham wrote

Advanced Functions - 65
World Issues - 80
Data Management - 87

English - 75
Accounting - 90

You will get accepted because in the letter you got from brock in early march indicated that they did not have your final 6 U/M course marks for your preferred selection. It says in the letter that they will be reviewing and submitting you your original course. I know this because I also got an alternative offer from Brock then received my BBA offer in may. Brock only allows you to have an option of 1 program to choose your acceptance.

What was your average that got you into Brock? Are you sure a 76.7 average will get me into the program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mikey12y mikey12y
Got accepted to Guelph with an 80, like a few weeks ago but processed on ouac today :/. Ohwell i finally found out lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0