yconic - will i get into civil or mechanical engineering in ryerson with these marks
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

will i get into civil or mechanical engineering in ryerson with these marks

A photo of atharul atharul
Ok, so i go to a semestered school and im pretty sure im not getting no early acceptence

Advanced Functions - 65
Physics- 85
Chemistry- 75
Calculus- 80
International Business- 85
English- 85

it comes to about a 79 average, im tryna aim higher but even with these, do you guys think ill get in with a late acceptence, im especially scared about my AV mark
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of jelly jelly
If you get an 80 you're pretty safe IMO. I have a couple friends who got early acceptances with low 80s gr 11 averages.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Arka Arka
YEAH man you'll def. get in! i know so many people that already got early acceptance to ryerson engineering with LOW 80S in grd 11.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheKey TheKey
You likely will get in.

Keep on working harder and strive for that 80 average. A friend asked a professor at Ryerson about admissions, and he's like if you have an 80 average plus + it's likely that you'll get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
Yeah, probably.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ferinthul Ferinthul
I had an 84% average in grade 11 and I got early acceptance into ryerson. So far theyre asking me to keep up a 77% average with 70 in 4 courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of doer doer
@Ferinthul: May I ask you what is your grade 12 average when you got accepted to Ryerson?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@doer wrote
@Ferinthul: May I ask you what is your grade 12 average when you got accepted to Ryerson?

They didnt have my grade 12 average. But right now, im sitting at around a low 80
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@atharul wrote
Ok, so i go to a semestered school and im pretty sure im not getting no early acceptence

Advanced Functions - 65
Physics- 85
Chemistry- 75
Calculus- 80
International Business- 85
English- 85

it comes to about a 79 average, im tryna aim higher but even with these, do you guys think ill get in with a late acceptence, im especially scared about my AV mark

Going back to Op's question

theyre asking me to keep up a 70 in advanced functions and stuff. So this wouldnt go. But ryerson does take retakes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of atharul atharul
I think i can get an 80 average but my advanced functions is lying at 68, so thats what im scared about like is there still a chance i can get in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke

@atharul wrote
I think i can get an 80 average but my advanced functions is lying at 68, so thats what im scared about like is there still a chance i can get in

Focus on your classes and you'll pull that mark up. Functions isn't difficult.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Academentia Academentia
Yes, the average entering grade for those going to Ryerson Engineering in 2009 (the most recent public data available), was 80, and over 40% who were admitted had a 79% or less.

http://www.ryerson.ca/about/data/b-admission/programs/engineering.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted