yconic - Will I get Into Laurier BBA/Western BMOS?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get Into Laurier BBA/Western BMOS?

A photo of apanday07 apanday07
Data Management - 79
French - 88
Accounting - 88
Business Leadership - 91 (projected)
Advanced Functions - 79 (projected)
English - 83+ (projected)

total average = 84.6 +

I understand that historically Laurier's BBA program has only accepted students with 86+ averages unless their ABS form was completed. I also understand that Western BMOS requires a low 80 to get in. I guess I should mention that my extra-curriculars which are looked at in the ABS form are extensive in nature and I was wondering if I stand the chance of being accepted with the ABS form in mind for Laurier. My second question that I was hoping would be answered via this thread would be the possibility of getting into Western. It seems as if the averages for BMOS have been inflated because of all the AEO applicants for Ivey. I am not entirely sure if this will affect my chance at an acceptance there. To be honest I was hoping to get accepted to Western and applying to Ivey after my second year. So please can someone give me some feedback on what I should expect?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of greatwallpaul greatwallpaul
I would go with Laurier if you get in.

BMOS is not the same as a BBA degree and it's a gamble if you don't have AEO status

Plus Laurier's BBA is solid!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the insight. I see that you've been accepted to Laurier BBA and I was wondering if you know what their cut off is (it should say in your letter of admission what average you should maintain)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greatwallpaul greatwallpaul

@apanday07 wrote
Thanks for the insight. I see that you've been accepted to Laurier BBA and I was wondering if you know what their cut off is (it should say in your letter of admission what average you should maintain)?

OK just checked.....82.0%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hmm. doesn't that seem a bit too low for their BBA program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0