yconic - Will I get into Mcgill or UBC Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get into Mcgill or UBC Science

A photo of ban1o ban1o

Grade 11

Math: 87
Physics: 90
Chemistry: 90
Biology: 92
English: 91
French: 93
American History: 92

Grade 12

Math (calculus): 91
Math (Advance Functions): 92
Physics: 94
Chemistry: 91
Biology: 95
English: 93

All of my grade 12 courses are AP

I have lots of volunteer hours (500) and extra curricular activities and sports (I already sent in my application)

Also could I get a scholarship?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
If your personal profile is as amazing as it sounds, then yes.. you will get in to UBC.. and mostly likely McGill too. I didn't apply for McGill last year so I cant say, but I do have a friend who is in McGill Sciences and he got in with around the same average as you.
UBC has a minimum 90% average, which you have definitely passed.. so that's no problem. Your ECs do look good, so I would say you have a very good chance at getting in.

In order to get a scholarship from UBC, you'll need a t least a 95%+ average to get the entrance scholarship. They made have changed it this year with the mandatory personal profile thing, but that's how it was last year. You should try applying for the Major Entrance Scholarship. With your ECs and grades, you could have a shot!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatWarrior1995 CatWarrior1995

@ban1o wrote

Grade 11

Math: 87
Physics: 90
Chemistry: 90
Biology: 92
English: 91
American History: 92

Grade 12

Math (calculus): 91
Math (Advance Functions): 92
Physics: 94
Chemistry: 91
Biology: 95
English: 93

All of my grade 12 courses are AP

I have lots of volunteer hours (500) and extra curricular activities and sports (I already sent in my application)

Also could I get a scholarship?

dude how did u improve you grade 11 marks?!?!?!
Yes I think you will get accepted to both u have a lot of hours, you're so fking smart -_____-

I wish I'll have ur grades in grade 12 and I will have it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Which stream did you apply for at McGill? Physics or biological? Physical sciences cutoff is like 88 ish? Life sci is like 92-93 so it matters on that. I didn't really calculate anything but you should be fine for everything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
One tip that I learnt about McGill last year even though I didn't apply, is that, if you're from BC (this may apply to other provinces, too), you can have one course in your calculated admissions average that is not provincially examinable.

I took Comparative Civilizations 12 in grade 11 and ended up with a 98% and could have used that in my application to boost my average up.. so that's just a tip for any future McGill applicants!
Was this helpful? Yes 0