yconic - Will i get into McMaster University??? PLEASE HELP!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will i get into McMaster University??? PLEASE HELP!

A photo of KcM11 KcM11
Hi im a grade 12 student who applied to both McMaster and Western for their social science program and im stressing about getting in... Lets just say im having a little bit of a rough year in the marks department lol
my current grades as of semester 2 midterm are...

English = 93%
Law = 91%
Religion = 90%
Photography = 93%
Philosophy = 80%
Biology = 70%
Advance Functions = 51%
Chemistry = 55%

all of these courses are either university or mixed level. Im freaking out about my really bad functions and chemistry marks but i have been told that universities only consider your top 6 marks. The only prerequisite for the program is english. Do you think i have a chance at getting into any of these programs??? :/

Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Wasi786 Wasi786
You will be fine I think. Its interesting that you are going for your undergraduate in soc. What do you plan on doing with this degree (I am just curious)? I am getting a 96 in sociology at the moment(not to brag or anything lol) but honestly its one of the easiest courses of my life.

Anyways good luck and I hope you get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KcM11 KcM11
man im so worried lol and you dont think the math and chem will hurt me getting in?
I chose social sci because i would like to major in either political science or criminology, im just not really sure which one yet lol and hopefully that will get me into law school. I really want to become a lawyer someday :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bdiaram bdiaram
I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in, your other marks are very good and Mac only requires english for social science.
I'm pretty sure they won't look at your math/chem because they aren't part of your top 6 (unless one of your top 6 isn't a U or M course)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan
why did yo even suffer through math and chem>?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KcM11 KcM11
Jessica: i know lol the math/chem was really unnecessary... i just didnt know what kind of program i wanted and didnt want to limit myself.

Thanks for all the replies! :)
if i do get accepted to both Western and McMaster social science programs which one would you recommend me taking? is one better than the other?
Was this helpful? Yes 0