yconic - Will I get into Queen's?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get into Queen's?

A photo of AlMo89 AlMo89
SO some of my friends recently got accepted to Queen's but i didn't, although I've recieved offers from other schools. I was just wondering, when do they send out more offers? My average will be somewhere around 86-89 but I have a 65 in English, and I think my PSE is OK. I'm applying for arts, does anyone know if I have a good shot? THANKS
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of americanbeauty americanbeauty
Your average will be fine (I know this because my friend got early acceptance to Queen's with 86%), however, your English mark may be a problem, especially since you're applying for Arts. I know many schools require a minimum English mark of 70%, McGill being 80%, but I couldn't find anything on the Queen's website. Can anyone confirm this? I'd highly recommend you bring up your English mark for midterms.

You should expect offers coming out in March, April, and May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@AlMo89 wrote
SO some of my friends recently got accepted to Queen's but i didn't, although I've recieved offers from other schools. I was just wondering, when do they send out more offers? My average will be somewhere around 86-89 but I have a 65 in English, and I think my PSE is OK. I'm applying for arts, does anyone know if I have a good shot? THANKS

Call Queens Admission( 613 533 2218) to be on a safer side. Your average is good but it's the English that I would be concerned about.

Good Luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of liontogael liontogael
you should get in, I would hope you don't intend on an english major though :)
I was accepted with a 93%, so it should keep moving down until the final admission @ about 80-82.
Good Luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idotknow idotknow
I do have their booklet. Queens requirement for each program is really specific, especially eng4U.
However, there's no specific requirement for eng4U for arts. yay for you. So just wait.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AlMo89 AlMo89
Thanks for the replies everyone! I just received an offer of admission today, guess English isn't such a big deal to them ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0