yconic - Will I get into Ted Rogers?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get into Ted Rogers?

A photo of heartlesssoul heartlesssoul
Hey guys, here is my average:

ENG4U: 78 %--final mark
Humanities course (M): 70 %---final mark
Grade 12 University Philosophy: 63 %---final mark
Grade 12 World Geography: 75 %---final mark
Grade 12 World Issues: 83 %---final mark
Grade 12 Wrister's Craft (U)---87 mind term mark--93 percent (without final culm activity)--Final mark available next week.
Grade 12 Data Management: Starting next week

Average till now is: 77 percent

I applied at Ted Rogers yesterday through OUAC 105. However, I am planning to take Grade 12 Data Management, starting next week. If I can get a good mark, my overall average will be around 80 percent as my philosophy mark won't be considered since it will be replaced by Data Management mark.

However, if I start the course next week, it will take another one month to complete it which will take me to Mid May. So, my application will be considered or it will be too late?

Now, do you think that I will make it to the Business Management program or am I living in the dream land?

I will appreciate honest replies.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of gassergasser gassergasser
How did you get a 63 in philosophy???

And why are you doing data so late? The semester is half over.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@gassergasser wrote
How did you get a 63 in philosophy???

And why are you doing data so late? The semester is half over.

Thank you for replying. I had some serious family issues at the end of the course which led my mark to drop... For data, I am trading stocks since 2 years but was never interested in business program until now...What is your suggestion?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
I think you would make it. :)

--

Requirements:

Full-Time, Four Year
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements (a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages):

English/Anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
Mathematics [One of: Advanced Functions (MHF4U), Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) or Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U)]
The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 70% range) will be determined subject to competition
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@smarty1 wrote

--

Requirements:

Full-Time, Four Year
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements (a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher pre-requisite grades and/or higher overall averages):

Mathematics [One of: Advanced Functions (MHF4U), Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) or Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U)]
The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 70% range) will be determined subject to competition

Thank you for replying. I am hiding in the most dark corner of the room but you are sooo optimistic..You really think I can get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@heartlesssoul wrote

@smarty1 wrote

--

Requirements:

Full-Time, Four Year

Thank you for replying. I am hiding in the most dark corner of the room but you are sooo optimistic..You really think I can get in?

ye you probably will, considering your not competing with highschool students really.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty1 smarty1

@heartlesssoul wrote

@smarty1 wrote

--

Requirements:

Full-Time, Four Year

Np man. :)

Yeh, seeing that you're over their cutoff and have the prerequisites, you should be fine really.

Oh btw, a piece of advice... make sure you do good in Data Management since that is the only Math course you're taking, hence a prereq.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shafiqaz shafiqaz
Percentage of full-time, first-year students who had secondary school averages for the top 6 courses within the following ranges:
Commerce / Management / Business Administration
Percent who received an entering average of 95%+
Percent who received an entering average between 90% and 94% 3.4
Percent who received an entering average between 85% and 89% 18.4
Percent who received an entering average between 80% and 84% 41.5
Percent who received an entering average between 75% and 79% 28.2
Percent who received an entering average between 70% and 74% 8.3
Percent who received an entering average below 70% 0.2
Overall average 81.3
i would say that you have a really good chance
good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@arcchit wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

@smarty1 wrote

--

Requirements:

Full-Time, Four Year

ye you probably will, considering your not competing with highschool students really.

Technically, I am not a high school student but I am not a mature student either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@shafiqaz wrote
Percentage of full-time, first-year students who had secondary school averages for the top 6 courses within the following ranges:
Overall average 81.3
good luck!

Is it official/credible?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nazarus nazarus

@heartlesssoul wrote

@shafiqaz wrote
Overall average 81.3
good luck!

Is it official/credible?

I would imagine that the above numbers include variety of other business-esque programs that are not full fledged Ted Rogers Business program. Its not hard to call up admissions and ask this question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@nazarus wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

@shafiqaz wrote
Overall average 81.3
good luck!

Is it official/credible?

I would imagine that the above numbers include variety of other business-esque programs that are not full fledged Ted Rogers Business program. Its not hard to call up admissions and ask this question.

So what do you think about my chances to get into business management?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Does anyone know the current cut off mark?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lychee lychee
Even if you don't get in, don't worry:

Ryerson offers continuing education courses (www.ryerson.ca/ce) through the cheng school, and a lot of the courses offered are requirements for the business management program. If you don't get in, you can still take these courses (even a full course load- 5 per semester) without any requirements! As long as you do well in these courses, you should be accepted to the full time program - AND all the credits you earned will be transferred into your program (so you won't have to take them again)

I did this last year, got into the program, and I am now finishing my second year! =]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, that is a long way...

If I can get an eighty percent (overall average), what do you think the chances are for me to get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed

@heartlesssoul wrote

If I can get an eighty percent (overall average), what do you think the chances are for me to get in?

I can almost guarantee that you'll get in with an 80% average.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dancecubed wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

So my final average excluding the seventh course i.e Data Man is 76 percent. I hope to get a real good mark in Math...do you think that some offers are made in May as well?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed

@heartlesssoul wrote

@dancecubed wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

So my final average excluding the seventh course i.e Data Man is 76 percent. I hope to get a real good mark in Math...do you think that some offers are made in May as well?

For sure! Good luck with the recruiting process.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dancecubed wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

@dancecubed wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

Thank you. I hope to get 80 percent!!! at least...But according to e info, they still accepted students from who had 77 percent...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dancecubed wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

@dancecubed wrote

@heartlesssoul wrote

Thank you. I hope to get 80 percent!!! at least...But according to e info, they still accepted students from who had 77 percent...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HCR HCR
I'm waiting with an 80 avg top 6.

Advanced:75(Final)
Data:83(Final)
Religion:80(Final)
English:87(Mid)
Accounting:75(Mid)
International Business:80(Mid)

What you guys think my chances are and when should I expect an offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0