yconic - Will I get into U of T's Engineering Science?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get into U of T's Engineering Science?

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
It was a bit frustrating to see my alternate offer to chemical engineering, and I'm currently waiting for a response from Engineering Science :bball:
I heard that for the engineering program they calculate the average using 5 prerequisites only... is it so? Or do they still look at the top 6?

So my top 6 are:
Calculus: 99
Ad. Functions: 98
Chemsitry: 92
Physics: 84
Bio: 97
English: 85

I think there's a good chance I won't make it due to my physics mark..i mean it's not even in the high 80s range, but what do you guys think?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of christice christice
are u an ontario student ??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yup
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kristofer Kristofer
I'm sure others will sympathize with you so I'll get to the point. IMHO, No. Why? Your physics mark is less than spectacular.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of APx APx
out of those, if i'm not mistaken, i believe they look at all of them except your chemistry mark
the only thing that might be holding you back is the physics, though i think you still have a decent chance

my 5th mark after english, calc and functions and physics was an 85, i think i had that in bio and chemistry and my english was much lower than that too
i did get a late offer though, after i had gotten an alternate for track one, i think in the last round
good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mig Mig
fruitpunch this year UofT engineering has a MUCH larger applicant pool than it regularily does (2o% larger than last years if I recall), competition is stupid fierce. I mean that quite literally, it is stupid, because UofT does not factor in the institution you took your courses in and that makes a LARGE difference with applicants in the higher average spectrum. However if you don't mind me asking, was there a personal reason you did not do so well in physics? Your maths and other sciences are very high, were there any special circumstances effecting your performance? In either case, best of luck, oh and where else are you planning to attend?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Mig wrote
fruitpunch this year UofT engineering has a MUCH larger applicant pool than it regularily does (2o% larger than last years if I recall), competition is stupid fierce. I mean that quite literally, it is stupid, because UofT does not factor in the institution you took your courses in and that makes a LARGE difference with applicants in the higher average spectrum. However if you don't mind me asking, was there a personal reason you did not do so well in physics? Your maths and other sciences are very high, were there any special circumstances effecting your performance? In either case, best of luck, oh and where else are you planning to attend?

I completely agree with you.. I'd probably feel bad for u of t if they don't accept me. I actually thought that some people with higher averages aren't necessarily smarter than me. As for the personal reason, there is one, but it's embarrassing to say it. I also applied for Queen's, U of t, and McGill for life science, but I'm most likely going to U of T for engineering...so bye bye Trinity, I can't believe engineering students don't belong to any colleges, this is ridiculous :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0