yconic - Will I get into univ?? I didn't get any offer yet :(
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get into univ?? I didn't get any offer yet :(

A photo of WayneEngi WayneEngi
hi guys.. I've applied to engineering programs but I haven't heard anything from any of universities... I applied to:

McMaster Engineering (Co-op)
UofT Track One (2nd choice: Mineral Engineering)
Waterloo Geological Engineering
Queens Engineering

Some of my friends got few offers but I didn't get any at this point... so i'm kinda worried.. my averages for 1st sem final and 2nd sem mid-term are:
1st
Function 92
physics 94
Data M. 86
2nd
Calc 94
Eng 78
chem 71

i know i have kinda low chem mark.. cuz my teacher is very harsh on us .. and my class avg is 65..
do u guys think i have a chance to get into those univs??

*oh, and my high school is considered as tough school to get high avg...(top 5 in ontario) will this give any advantages when they review my application??
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Flooks Flooks
I'm not too sure about the first 3, but I know a bunch of friends that got into Queens with mid 80s, so I believe your avg should have a good chance at Queens with a satisfactory supplemental.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jzliu jzliu
not sure about waterloo since ur english and chem marks are... not the highest... (especially waterloo cuts their off at 75 minimum for any required course)

btw... 65 is average... its not low... my school have an average of like 62 in math and 50s in english.. yet there are still people who are getting 90+
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jackcnd jackcnd

@jzliu wrote
not sure about waterloo since ur english and chem marks are... not the highest... (especially waterloo cuts their off at 75 minimum for any required course)

btw... 65 is average... its not low... my school have an average of like 62 in math and 50s in english.. yet there are still people who are getting 90+

lies jerry, lies
lol
our school has average of 80 in english and 81 in calc
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
lol avg of 65 is normal. our physics avg was 60s back in HS, i still ended up with a 90s. dont worry too much right now, you still have a month of waiting to do. although, the universities you applied to don't really care about what school you go to, only waterloo cares.

your avg is mid 80s which might be borderline depending on your competition. they usually look @ top 6 avg first before deciphering which courses you did worse in (cause they really don't have time for that IMO)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jzliu jzliu

@jackcnd wrote

@jzliu wrote

lies jerry, lies
lol
our school has average of 80 in english and 81 in calc

a) Why would you tell the internet my name
b) Check the average of the English and Adv. Functions mark from semester one then you'd know why our averages are so high this semester...
Was this helpful? Yes 0