yconic - Will I get into UWO for BMOS???
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get into UWO for BMOS???

A photo of anonymous1143 anonymous1143
Hey guys, I'm a B.C. student applying to the University of Western Ontario for their BMOS (Bachelor of Management and Organization Skills) program. It is my intention to switch into the Richard Ivey School of Business in third year, but I was wondering if you guys thought I would get in to their first year entry of their BMOS program with a grade 12 average of 92.5??? (assuming they only take my top 4 courses) or all the 12 courses I have taken at 94.75??

Thanks for all of the advice and support in advance! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle
First of all, they calculate your average by using your top 6 grade 12 credits (anything that isnt a college course). The cutoff is 83%, so as long as you are above that you should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hmm well that's new to me, as B.C. schools only use your top 4. For grade 12 I have taken Math, English, History, First Nations, Economics, Law, Marketing, Business Leadership, Peer Tutoring, Work Experience 12A, Work Experience 12B, and Calculus.

Would Math, English, History, First Nations, Calculus, and Economics/Marketing/Law work???
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@anonymous1143 wrote
Hmm well that's new to me, as B.C. schools only use your top 4. For grade 12 I have taken Math, English, History, First Nations, Economics, Law, Marketing, Business Leadership, Peer Tutoring, Work Experience 12A, Work Experience 12B, and Calculus.

Would Math, English, History, First Nations, Calculus, and Economics/Marketing/Law work???

As long as you have 6 university credits for them to look at (which it looks like you have), you meet the requirements.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank goodness, I'm so relieved. Thanks for all the help! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Thatguy Thatguy
I strongly suggest you call the University. Last time I called, they gave me approximately when the next offers are sent, and the median grade average for that batch. You should have been admitted last friday because the average for that batch was 88%+. You should call and ask why you are not admitted, you might be missing courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Thatguy wrote
I strongly suggest you call the University. Last time I called, they gave me approximately when the next offers are sent, and the median grade average for that batch. You should have been admitted last friday because the average for that batch was 88%+. You should call and ask why you are not admitted, you might be missing courses.

I believe I self reported my grades last Sunday, and just got the email of acknowledgement from the University like 2 or 3 days ago. I'm guessing I got all my stuff in just a couple of days late, and that is why I didn't make it with that batch. But when you called the university they straight up told when they were most likely going to start sending acceptance letters? I thought they weren't allowed to do that, and would just give the standard answer of soon, lol :P I guess I'll take your advice and give them a call regarding the next batch being accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Also, I just want to point out that the cutoff I stated isnt something I guessed at, that is what I was told when I called the university. But yeah if everything is in order you'll be in no problem.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Doorhandle wrote
First of all, they calculate your average by using your top 6 grade 12 credits (anything that isnt a college course). The cutoff is 83%, so as long as you are above that you should be fine.

Sorry I just want to clarify when you say the cutoff is 83%, do you mean to be even considered when you apply it must be at least that much, or that is the lowest mark to your understanding that has been accepted for this year of applicants?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Thatguy Thatguy

@anonymous1143 wrote

@Thatguy wrote

I believe I self reported my grades last Sunday, and just got the email of acknowledgement from the University like 2 or 3 days ago. I'm guessing I got all my stuff in just a couple of days late, and that is why I didn't make it with that batch. But when you called the university they straight up told when they were most likely going to start sending acceptance letters? I thought they weren't allowed to do that, and would just give the standard answer of soon, lol :P I guess I'll take your advice and give them a call regarding the next batch being accepted.

I called them and they told me that acceptances are coming out sometime this week. He asked me a bunch of questions like whether I had 2 maths finished, above 70% in advanced functions, and english completed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@anonymous1143 wrote

@Doorhandle wrote

Sorry I just want to clarify when you say the cutoff is 83%, do you mean to be even considered when you apply it must be at least that much, or that is the lowest mark to your understanding that has been accepted for this year of applicants?

I mean that in order to get into the program based solely on your grades, you need an 83 or above to get in. Anything greater than or equal to an 83% average will get you into the program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Thatguy wrote

@anonymous1143 wrote

@Thatguy wrote

I called them and they told me that acceptances are coming out sometime this week. He asked me a bunch of questions like whether I had 2 maths finished, above 70% in advanced functions, and english completed.

Yeah I've been reading a lot about that in many forums as well. Are you at a disadvantage if quite a few of your courses are at the interim stage or just a little past the 50% point? Do they only want to be accepting students right now who are almost done all of their courses or have quite a few of the prerequisite ones completed??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Doorhandle wrote

@anonymous1143 wrote

@Doorhandle wrote

I mean that in order to get into the program based solely on your grades, you need an 83 or above to get in. Anything greater than or equal to an 83% average will get you into the program.

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying that. Did you already get accepted? What was your average??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@anonymous1143 wrote

@Doorhandle wrote

@anonymous1143 wrote

@Doorhandle wrote

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying that. Did you already get accepted? What was your average??

No, I havent been accepted yet, my average is around 84ish. Im probably gonna have to wait til May or so. Even if my average drops I might still get in due to some medical problems.
Was this helpful? Yes 0