yconic - Will I get into Waterloo for Computer Engineering?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get into Waterloo for Computer Engineering?

A photo of Rulerofnofear Rulerofnofear
My marks:

Adv. Func. - 93 (done)
Physics- 92 (done)
English -85 (done)
Calc. - 95
Accounting - 95
Chemistry - 76 (done)

I was basically a terrible student last year so I am repeating/ repeated most of the prerequisites for engg. I applied to Mac, Western, Waterloo, Carleton, and Ryerson. I got into Carleton for Comp. systems engg. and Ryerson for Comp. Engg so far.
I'm pretty sure I'll get into Mac and Western as well.
I'm a bit worried abt Waterloo.

Will Waterloo send me an offer at least in May? What's your take?
I cleaned up my act since September 2011 and you people can see the change in me (my marks last year were forgettable)...I am working hard and also part of clubs...I have been a part of various clubs throughout high-school..

Hoping to hear positive replies!...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@Rulerofnofear wrote
My marks:

Adv. Func. - 93 (done)
Physics- 92 (done)
English -85 (done)
Calc. - 95
Accounting - 95
Chemistry - 76 (done)

I was basically a terrible student last year so I am repeating/ repeated most of the prerequisites for engg. I applied to Mac, Western, Waterloo, Carleton, and Ryerson. I got into Carleton for Comp. systems engg. and Ryerson for Comp. Engg so far.
I'm pretty sure I'll get into Mac and Western as well.
I'm a bit worried abt Waterloo.

Will Waterloo send me an offer at least in May? What's your take?
I cleaned up my act since September 2011 and you people can see the change in me (my marks last year were forgettable)...I am working hard and also part of clubs...I have been a part of various clubs throughout high-school..

Hoping to hear positive replies!...

If you have been repeating grade 12 courses then I think you won't get into Waterloo...because of their policy on repeats. Look it up on their website...I think they do this only with their engineering program

sorry if I disappointed you :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of seniorstudent seniorstudent
they dont have that bad of a policy for repeats (reduction of 3-5% MAYBE).... you could still make it! I think UofT has an even worse policy about repeats.. not completely sure tho, did u apply to uoft?
I also hear that if you give them a really amazing and mind blowing response on the aif for repeated courses, it plays a significant role in ur admission :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0