yconic - Will I get into Waterloo?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I get into Waterloo?

A photo of Willimaru Willimaru
Hey Im just wondering as semester 1 is closing for my school. My marks aren't great but im wondering if i could get in:

Grade 11 Average:92.25
Semester 1 Average: 86-87% (Sigh...English)

I applied to Waterloo Mechatronics as well as UofT's Trackone engineering programs. Im involved in tons of extra curricular, 20+ clubs/other stuff in my 2-3 years as well as being a part of Shad Valley. Im still worried my average is significantly low, and might not get in...What are my chances?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
No one can really answer that. Mechatronics is pretty competitive, but you have good EC's and Shad so that'll give you an advantage. Your average isn't "significantly low", it's in a good range, but again, it's hard to say anything.

Good luck :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
You're going to want 90+ for tron and trackone probably, but as stated above, who knows?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hm thanks for the feedback. What if i switched to a different program as number 1. Say civil at waterloo and Materials at UofT. What would be my chances then? As well, if i dont change and stick with mechatronics and trackone, whats the chance i would get an alternate program offer? (say civil and materials were my 2nd choice) Thanks for the feedback :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
You'd probably get in if the competition doesn't skyrocket. I think civil's admission average was 86% last year, and you seem like you'd have a pretty kickass AIF.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So, admissions average is 86? or is the cut off 86? Same with mechatronics, do people get in with mid 80s average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Apeng Apeng
When I applid last year to Waterloo Mechanical Engineering and UT Trackone.

I got in both with 92.5% average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0