yconic - will i get rejected?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

will i get rejected?

A photo of zefyre zefyre
So basically in grade 12 there is a course I failed but thatis obviously not going in my top 6 marks for my application to universities. however i took a private school version of that course which where i got a 90 in and they are both in the same transcript. will universities reject me because of this ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@zefyre wrote
So basically in grade 12 there is a course I failed but thatis obviously not going in my top 6 marks for my application to universities. however i took a private school version of that course which where i got a 90 in and they are both in the same transcript. will universities reject me because of this ?

I dont think so. If its not your top 6 then the unis wont use it to calculate your avg. It also depends what the course is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zefyre zefyre
it was calculus, but it wasnt a prereq for any of the programs i applied to, its just recommended
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
Waterloo and U of T engineering do not accept retakes, but other than that (as long as you have all your credits) it should not matter. You will be fine, don't stress:cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zefyre zefyre
ah okay thanks :) I applied to ryerson, york, brock and ottawa haha >_<

i didnt retake the course, i didnt do so well on the first test so i went to private school and my guidance councellors dropping it on monday for me. -_-
Was this helpful? Yes 0