yconic - Will I have to take first year chem and physics at UofT?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will I have to take first year chem and physics at UofT?

A photo of Zeal Zeal
I was accepted to UofT mathematical and physical sciences for math. But I just found out that I have to first year chemistry and physics. WTH??? I didn't take physics or chemistry in grade 12, so how can they put me in these classes? I'll be completely clueless.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Beginners physics and chemistry in the arts&science faculty at U of T do recommend that you've taken them in grade 12, but it's not strictly required.

if you've done grade 12 calculus, beginners physics at U of T will be a breeze because it'll be very easy to relate the various equations and just derive them on the spot.

Either way the beginners physics and chemistry should start you off from the basics, albeit at a somewhat fast pace.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterv peterv
if I'm enrolled in UofT Computer Science, how many science courses do I have to take? I'm in the same position as OP, never took grade 12 physics, chemistry, or biology.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterv peterv
bump:compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0