yconic - Will My Grade 11 Physics Mark Affect Me?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will My Grade 11 Physics Mark Affect Me?

A photo of PiggyFlavoredPocky PiggyFlavoredPocky
For some God awful reason, I thought I wanted to be a doctor/software engineer in 10th grade, so I took every science and related subjects.
I got As in every subject, but I could not stand physics. I'm pretty sure yesterday I just bombed my physics exam.. :bounce:
So now, I'm anticipating a mark in the 50s to 60s in it..
I was just wondering if this would effect my future admission to UofT's International Relations program (Normal program, not the Trinity One stream), and being able to get into Trinity College? ._.
Next year, I'm pretty sure with the classes I have, I will be able to get a 90%+/- average.

BTW, does anyone know what mark I needed to get on the exam to pass the class, just in case, LOOOL.
My pre-exam mark was either 79 or 75, and it's worth 70% of my mark. While the exam was worth 30%.

Mucho gracias, homies!

:salut:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
No, grade 11 marks only matter for early admission and some scholarships. One bad mark in grade 11 won't hurt you. You have a 52.5% in the class before you even write the final exam, so you've already passed the class.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

52.5? :o
No, I either had a 79 or a 75.. Maybe even a 74, haha. :bounce:
I really hope what you say is true.
I seriously bombed it, like, I would say I'd be pretty lucky if I got a 30% on the exam!

LOL, FML.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
79 * 0.7 = 52.5
exam mark * 0.3 = what will be added to that 52.5%

So if you got 30% on the final you would get 62.5% in the course. The maximum mark you could hope to achieve at this point if you get 100% on the final is 82.5%.

What I say is definitely true. Especially if your other marks are high this shouldn't affect you in any way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank you so much!
What a huge relief. :colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You can have a 50% average from grades 9-11 and get a superb 90%+ average and get accepted into almost any program(excluding some top science/business programs).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@PiggyFlavoredPocky wrote
Thank you so much!
What a huge relief. :colors:

Just remember this rule: if your exam is worth 30% of your mark, you will pass the course without writing the exam if your mark is 71 or above :D

If your exam is worth 15%, you just need to have a 59% average before your exam :D haha

You won't ever have to worry about failure rates in high school courses again if you can do this. And unless you're taking Physics 12, your grade 11 Physics mark won't even matter. People generally do poorly in that course anyway.
Was this helpful? Yes 0