yconic - WIll my grade 9 marks effect my chances getting into a university?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WIll my grade 9 marks effect my chances getting into a university?

A photo of Xnefoo Xnefoo
i want to know if my grade 9 math mark will effect my chances getting into a university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of SaugasFinest SaugasFinest

@Xnefoo wrote
im from Manitoba btw. i want to know if my grade 9 math mark will effect my chances getting into a university.

I don't think so... I messed up in grade 9 too. We've all done it, learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
No. Never. Not at all
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@ktel wrote
No. Never. Not at all

This - as long as you are able to get to Grade 12 courses (as in don't fail all of your classes and be stuck in Grade 9).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EricArzoo EricArzoo
Hahahahahahahaha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SparklingBG SparklingBG
Universities in Ontario focus more on your grade 11 and 12 courses. They don't see your grade 9 grades.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sillyrabbit sillyrabbit
Your grade 9 marks won't affect your chances of getting into a University in terms of them looking at your marks and what not. They will never see your grade 9 or 10 marks and will not care about it. HOWEVER, your grade 9 marks WILL AFFECT YOU.....because lemme tell you something brother, if you screw up in grade 9, you will probably mess up in grade 10, and so on and so on, its like a snowball that gets bigger. SO DO WELL IN GRADE 9 LOL. I did bad in grade 9 and 10 math, in grade 11 and 12 i found math to be the most challenging thing while others who did well in the earlier years seem to know a lot more than i do. So yes, it does affect your chances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zefyre zefyre

@Xnefoo wrote
i want to know if my grade 9 math mark will effect my chances getting into a university.

to some extent, yes. if you continue to slack off then in grade 12 you will slack off. I used to slack off but i worked my butt off this year and got accepted to the uni i wanted to go to. :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Depends on which university you want to attend. You're still good for universities in Canada. You're kind of shooting yourself in the foot for more competitive universities outside of Canada.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super
Do grade 12 marks count? I don't really want to work hard next school year. :!:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted