yconic - Will This One Mark Cripple My Chances?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will This One Mark Cripple My Chances?

A photo of boogerlad boogerlad
Hello everyone. I have applied to Waterloo for computer science, and Waterloo, Queens and University of Toronto for computer engineering. Marks that I have now are:
English (Summer school): 84
Advanced functions: 82
Data Management: 83
Chemistry: 65
Calculus: 91
Physics: 86
Computer Science: 100
Will that chemistry mark completely ruin my chance of getting in for any computer engineering? If so, since chemistry isn't in my top 6, will I get into Waterloo for computer science?

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of albud289 albud289

@boogerlad wrote
Hello everyone. I have applied to Waterloo for computer science, and Waterloo, Queens and University of Toronto for computer engineering.

Chemistry: 65

Will that chemistry mark completely ruin my chance of getting in for any computer engineering? If so, since chemistry isn't in my top 6, will I get into Waterloo for computer science?

If chemistry is a prerequisite, than it will influence your chances of getting in, and I know for a fact it's a prerequisite for all engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of jellybro jellybro
Yes, most computer engineering programs require physics, chemistry, advanced functions, calculus, one grade 12 m/u course, and english.

You're pretty much screwed for a lot of schools, try to retake chem in night school or something.
Was this helpful? Yes 0