yconic - Will York University take away my acceptance???
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Will York University take away my acceptance???

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
I recently accepted my offer for York's BSW program but I don't know if my grades are good, and my enrollment appointment is in April, so I don't want to pay a $450 deposit for something I won't get into.

GRADE 11 MARKS:

ENG 3U1- 85%
MCF 3M1- 84% <------- Not sure if universities will see that

GRADE 12:

CGW 4U1- 82%
CHY 4U1- 80%
CLN 4U1- 83%
HZT 4U1- 81%

Those are my 1st semester marks, so my current average for those 4 courses is an 81.5%

This semester I have:

ENG 4U1
HSB 4M1
MDM 4U1 <--------- This course is going horribly

Because I took 7 4u/m courses will they look at my data (mdm 4u) mark? Like at mid-term will they see it, or only look at my top 6? Will this mark affect my average? I just don't want universities to see that one mark mid-term, will they? I can pull an 80 or over in the other 2 courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius
No they will not care as long as it's not a pre req.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PurpleMustang PurpleMustang
Let's assume you have to maintain an 80% average (which you don't, but for arguments sake).

In order to calculate your top 6, they first include the pre-requisite courses and then the highest courses that you have. Therefore, if you have one bad course (that is not a pre-requisite) and have seven courses to choose from, they will not include it in the calculation of your admission average.

In addition, universities will not revoke your acceptance based on midterm grades. Provided that your final grades are above their requirements, you're fine. Doesn't matter what your midterm grades were.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@PurpleMustang wrote
Let's assume you have to maintain an 80% average (which you don't, but for arguments sake).

In order to calculate your top 6, they first include the pre-requisite courses and then the highest courses that you have. Therefore, if you have one bad course (that is not a pre-requisite) and have seven courses to choose from, they will not include it in the calculation of your admission average.

In addition, universities will not revoke your acceptance based on midterm grades. Provided that your final grades are above their requirements, you're fine. Doesn't matter what your midterm grades were.

Bro, you just saved my life, I am like so happy right now :') <-----tears of joy. I feel better now about paying my deposit. Thank you so much!! And Aquarius, you helped too bro.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of m3320230 m3320230
Is York the only school that requires an enrollment appointment? I'm very confused as to how York works. I've applied to Schulich quite a long time ago and sent in my supplemental documents on time and did my self report for my grade 11 courses and grade 12 first term marks (my school goes by 3 terms) but still hasn't gotten a reply back. But because I have attended two schools during my high school years and so the transcript section for my old school on it says incomplete, does that mean I have to ask my old school to send in my grade 8 to grade 10 marks to York? And if I do that means they are going to based on my marks from all my high school years? Is this common for an university to require all your high school marks? Please help me. Thank you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

From what I heard, only York requires a enrollment appointment. So after you accept your offer, you have to book an appointment where you basically sit in front of a computer for 4 hours and pick courses. It's normal not to get a response yet, especially schulich, you will probably get it in April or May. OUAC does not look at grade 9 and 10 marks. They only look at grade 11 marks and grade 12 marks, thats all. Now that first semester is done, universities will see your grade 12 marks. Go on OUAC, and under academic information, it should show your grade 11 and 12 marks. Tell me if they are there. If they are, then universities have recieved them. if no mark is showing, go to guidance because they put your marks on that website.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Katarina101 wrote
From what I heard, only York requires a enrollment appointment. So after you accept your offer, you have to book an appointment where you basically sit in front of a computer for 4 hours and pick courses. It's normal not to get a response yet, especially schulich, you will probably get it in April or May. OUAC does not look at grade 9 and 10 marks. They only look at grade 11 marks and grade 12 marks, thats all. Now that first semester is done, universities will see your grade 12 marks. Go on OUAC, and under academic information, it should show your grade 11 and 12 marks. Tell me if they are there. If they are, then universities have recieved them. if no mark is showing, go to guidance because they put your marks on that website.

Oh I see, I thought it was an actual appointment which I have to go to the school. :P I looked on my OUAC page and I can't seem to find a headline that says academic information... Also when you say semester one, is that equivalent to just term 1 or both term 1 and term 2? Thank you very much :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

When I said sit in front of a computer, I meant at York :p If your postal code starts with an "L", you have to go to the school, but if you really really can't make it or you live far away, then you have to call them and book and they will just send you a package detailing how to pick courses, but you get more help if you actually go to the school. And when you go on OUAC, and use your reference number to log in, you will be directed right away when you log in to a page that says My Application. Then there are 7 different headers just below it. Choices/offers>Order choices>Personal Information>Address Information>Additional Questions>ACADEMIC INFORMATION. <----Click on that, and then scroll down. It's right under the orange log out button. Assuming that one semester is a term, then universities have recieved your term 1 marks, so your 4 or 3 courses depending if you had a spare.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Katarina101 wrote
When I said sit in front of a computer, I meant at York :p If your postal code starts with an "L", you have to go to the school, but if you really really can't make it or you live far away, then you have to call them and book and they will just send you a package detailing how to pick courses, but you get more help if you actually go to the school. And when you go on OUAC, and use your reference number to log in, you will be directed right away when you log in to a page that says My Application. Then there are 7 different headers just below it. Choices/offers>Order choices>Personal Information>Address Information>Additional Questions>ACADEMIC INFORMATION. <----Click on that, and then scroll down. It's right under the orange log out button. Assuming that one semester is a term, then universities have recieved your term 1 marks, so your 4 or 3 courses depending if you had a spare.

Oh I see but I live in BC so I'll probably do the package myself if I get accepted that is :) And for the headers in OUAC, sorry to bug you again but my headers go like this Choice/Offers>Order Choices>Personal Information>Address Information>Institutions Attended>Transcript Requests>Activities>Submit and my log out button is blue..Im guessing its because Im using the 105D application..oh and never mind I just saw that the transcript from my old school has been received Thanks so much for the help and patience!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Haha no problem, at least you know now that your universities have seen your marks :)Good luck with your acceptances
Was this helpful? Yes 0