yconic - Withdrawing from a course/transcript help
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Withdrawing from a course/transcript help

A photo of Membrane Membrane
Ok so here's my problem. I'm currently at a community college taking a law program, on top of that I've decided to take a online credit(chemistry Grade 11) through ILC. My deadline is approaching (couple weeks) and I still have 50% of the course to finish. I've been busy with college and worked all summer so I haven't had a lot of time to work on the course. I'm doing quite well in college (high avg, few 90s). So I have a few options:

- Rush through the course and not understand any of it by the end and possibly fail the exam.

- Withdraw from the course and retake it

-Withdraw from the course and retake in an adult dayschool where I'll most likely do better.

If I withdraw I'll have a W on my ILC transcript with my mark beside it. I currently have an 87. What I'm wondering is if I retake the course with ILC will there still be a W beside the course even if I complete it? I've emailed them but its gonna be a few days before I hear about. I plan on apply to UofT, mcmaster, and Queens for either life sciences, or an Arts program. Will universities care about that 1 withdraw mark on my transcript? Any help would be great.

Edit: So I searched the old forum, basically from what I read is that UofT is the only university that really cares about retakes. So should I be even worried if I withdraw from my grade 11 chemistry course with a 87 and retake it later on?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies