yconic - Worried about Acceptance into Ivey [READ]
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Worried about Acceptance into Ivey [READ]

A photo of Bieber Bieber
As you can see, I was not paying attention to school very much last year as I was focussing more on extracurricular involvements(foolish i know) so i ended up getting doing terrible. The 3 grade 12 marks you see are also classes I took in my grade 11 year, which is why they are poor.

However, this year, I stepped up my game and I already secured my Advanced Functions mark in summer school and have the following midterm and projected other marks. which averages out to a top 6 of: 93.83%

As for extracurriculars, I'm not worried because I have pretty good ECs and well written essays I believe.

My question is, will those very terrible previous marks kill my chances? My top 6 would be 93.83% with a great supplementary app but my previous marks were just terrible.

Grade 11 marks:

Functions 66
Chemistry 85
Biology 82
English 80
Accounting 83

Grade 12 marks:(that i took in grade 11)
Accounting 60
Biology 83
Chemistry 86

Marks this year:
Advanced Functions 95[Final]
International Business 96[midterm mark]
English 92[midterm mark]
Economics 98[midterm mark]
Calculus 90(projected)
Exercise Science 92 (projected)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Topiary Topiary
You'll be fine, don't worry. Keep working hard this year and you'll get in. Western/Ivey is taking your top 6 credits, 2 of which can be M credits.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bieber Bieber
thanks, it's just that these old marks are haunting me. I feel like they're gonna see it and put my application aside
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@Bieber wrote
thanks, it's just that these old marks are haunting me. I feel like they're gonna see it and put my application aside

I'm in the exact situation.

But the good news is that grade 11 marks are not considered by the acceptance department. As long as you keep up your marks, your application and essays will be sent off to Ivey.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bieber Bieber
i see. thanks. does anyone else have any feedback. i need reassurance :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0