yconic - Worry over extra curriculars
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Worry over extra curriculars

A photo of VMclarenMercedes VMclarenMercedes
Right now I'm a Grade 11 student attending high school in southern Ontario. My number one goal after high school is to apply to a business program in a university such as (the picky) Queens, Schulich, Laurier etc.

With universities like Queens, your extra curricular activities affect majorly when it comes to applying. Right now, I don't feel like I'm doing enough to get accepted into Queens in the future. So far I am part of the Interact club in school (Local charity supporting, community) and do sports off school at Mosport International Raceway, I also competed in 2 business competitions over the course of my time in high school (SBC 3 times, Nipissing Stock Market challenge once). I have also been volunteering more regularly on a monthly basis. My marks in school are great so far, and I hope to build on that in the future.

I've had this problem in the back of my mind for a while, anyone have any ideas on more school involvement or if the involvement I'm doing right now may or may not be enough?

Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Leadership positions! Be in charge of something. These roles are key
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VMclarenMercedes VMclarenMercedes
The only thing I can think of within school is student council. I guess I can try, hopefully it doesn't turn out to become a huge popularity contest...
Was this helpful? Yes 0