yconic - Would anyone here choose Rotman over Queen's Commerce?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Would anyone here choose Rotman over Queen's Commerce?

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca
?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Flooks Flooks
I haven't heard of Queens being reputable business school, but I know that Rotman is a good program and you get to make connections, so in terms of academics, Rotmans is better.

But, I've heard awful stories about life in UT, but Queens on the other hand is a party school and I heard they're all real chill :compress:

So yeah its just your preferences.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Omok Omok
:!: I'm someone who's going into the Arts (education)...and even I know that Queen's have one of the best, if not THE best, business program in Canada....

:@:

Rotman is just....the thing that's after: Queen's, Ivy, The york thing, Then there's McGill (somewhere in between/around the previous three), Laurier, waterloo thing...

well, when it's around waterloo it get's murky....but yeah...

._.; no.

-_-; unless you're cheap, go for Queen's > Rotman any day. O:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chara Chara
The only reason I can see for someone choosing rotman over Queens, besides cost of tuition, would be for the international reputation.
If I was planning on going to...like, the UK the day I graduated, I'd go to UofT because it has a better international reputation than Queens. Other than that, QC, all the way.

People always say that UofT has great networking possibilities because its in toronto and all that stuff, and thats all true, but these opportunities only really present themselves for the very top students. There are a lot of good recruitments out of u of t, but proportional to the number of students the good positions are few and far betweem, and only availible to the top students. So if you think you're some kind of prodigy, you could go to U of T for the networking, but for everyone else Queens is the best all around program, and the recruitment and networking possibilities there are availible to nearly all its students.
Not to mention the drop out rate is significantly lower at Queens. UofT is a tough school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0