yconic - Would I get accepted to the universities or no ? PLEASE READ THISIT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Would I get accepted to the universities or no ? PLEASE READ THISIT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME

A photo of Nav987 Nav987
Right now I am in high school and I am graduating this year 2012.

Here are the following I have took in the past and I am currently takingr right now and what my mark in the class

English 4U - 82 (U Course) Final
Earth and Spcade Science - 70 (U Course) Final
International Business - 86 (M Course) Currently Taking
Environment and Resources Management - 84 (M Course) Currently Taking
Business Leadership - 84 (M Course) Currently Taking
Individuals in a Diverse Society - 77 (M Course) Currently Taking

Overall Average of the 6 course 4U/M above is an 81.

Keep in my mind I have applied to Univerisities with 2 U courses and 4 M course.

Now my question is that based my marks would I get accepted to the universities I have applied to or no ?

I have applied to:

-Ryerson Univerisity - Criminal Justice
-University of Guelph Humber - Justice Studies
-Univeristy of Ontario Institution Technology - Criminogly.

Please answer the question respectfully and truthfully. Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of computerengineer computerengineer
Since your english mark is very good and it is basically the main prerequisite,
Guelph- You need 70-80%, which you have so accepted.
UOIT- Easily accepted. Requirements are low 70s
Ryerson- 99% sure you would get accepted, since the requirements are 76-81.

I wouldn't think the universities would really care that those courses are M courses, as there are many U courses much easier than many of the M courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Im not a Law student but i have considered it and researched it. Now your average isnt very high but I would recommend staying behind a year to:
-To raise your average. York and UTSG are the better schools in Canada. I think there was one called Dalhouse or something that was also pretty good.
-Take International Law 4u, Law 3u, Philosphy 4u as I would recommend

If you absolutely do not want to go another year of HS, then I would highly suggest that you do not go to UOIT. Im am not hating on it and I do believe that there is a chance that it will be on par with WAterloo/UTSG one day but that is for IT/Engineering fields. Ive heard a lot of bad things about the Social Science programs at UOIT.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iCorrosive iCorrosive
OMG! I applied for the same programs, and the same schools, but I added York and UTM too.
LOL, funny how we have the same average too, I'm at an 81 as well.

I really want to go to Guelph Humber, especially because of the placements. I'm kind of nervous about Ryerson because apparently last year's cut off was an 81! :|

And yeah I applied to UOIT too, and I don't plan on going there lol.

Anyway, your chances are pretty good, and I'm speaking for myself as well! I HOPE BOTH OF US GET IN! :cheers: :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0