yconic - Would I get into Waterloo Computer Science?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Would I get into Waterloo Computer Science?

A photo of SGhazazani SGhazazani
Well, its my first time posting on these forums I have always lurked and decided to create an account and ask my first question
Would I get into waterloo with the following grades:

First Semester Final Marks

1. 88 English
2. 88 Adv Functions
3. 87 Religion(manditory, go to a catholic high school(CHS)).
4. 91 Marketing

Second Semester Mid Terms (this is where it all falls down)

1. 84-85 in Calculus
2. 72 in Chemistry (Gah, why did i take this!)
3. 65 Physics(Gah, why did i take this!)

Now, the thing is that I am forced to put chemistry in my top 6 because I have no other classes to input. I decided to take it for fun and it kinda backfired(midterm was based on one unit I totaly didn't understand).
So this puts my top 6 average at 85 Flat, this along with 300+ community service hours, lots of community involvement and ect, Would i get into waterloo CS? Wishing i could go back in time and not take challenging courses for fun...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Do you have any other courses or are you able to take Night/Private School? My average is a bit higher than yours but from what I gather, it will be hard to get in with that average.
You have a lot of hours and that will probably be a plus and if you did well on the Euclid and CCC, youll probably get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nvjt nvjt
From what I've heard the admission averages are dropping for almost every program this year due to there being an overwhelming amount of students with mid range marks and very few with outstanding ones (high 90's). So you might be in luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 2012Applicant 2012Applicant
Well,the physics mark isn't great - that will affect their decision significantly unless you have programming experience which may be able to make up for that.

Your marks seem to be just meeting the criteria, your EC's are fine so the only thing I would be worried about is whether there are a lot of people applying with higher averages to the program.

Also the Euclid Will help with any math department course but the CCC (if you wrote it) would be extremely helpful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cometmars cometmars

@nvjt wrote
From what I've heard the admission averages are dropping for almost every program this year due to there being an overwhelming amount of students with mid range marks and very few with outstanding ones (high 90's). So you might be in luck.

Where have you heard this? Source...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Marshmallowfluff Marshmallowfluff

@cometmars wrote

@nvjt wrote

Where have you heard this? Source...

I'd like to know about this too ._.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nvjt nvjt
OUAC statistics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted