yconic - Would private school(during the summer) give me a higher mark in advanced functions?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Would private school(during the summer) give me a higher mark in advanced functions?

A photo of Neil01 Neil01
hi guys I'm a grade 11 going into grade 12 next year. I would like to know if taking advanced functions in private school will give me a higher mark. I got 80 in grade 11 functions and therefore I am worried I will not obtain a high mark in grade 12 because i struggle at math. :S
Also im planning on going into Honours BBA Administration at Laurier, which requires a mid-to-high 80's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of slader23 slader23
Make sure it is a reputable private school...so that there is no suspicion in regards to the quality of the educational standards provided by the institute if you can do this then you should be fine...just go H.A.M
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@slader23 wrote
Make sure it is a reputable private school...so that there is no suspicion in regards to the quality of the educational standards provided by the institute if you can do this then you should be fine...just go H.A.M

This isn't quite true. I know a few people who paid for their marks at very small and unknown, but licensed institutions and they got into top business schools in Canada.

Neil01, raise the mark by any means, but make sure you know the material otherwise you will (I repeat, you will) suffer in calculus and will suffer even more in university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@slader23 wrote

Can universities even tell which school you took the course from? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always though that if you take a course in private school it just shows up on your transcript as a regular course code with a different ending...
e.g. ENG 4U1 would become ENG 4UP or something like that
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@cherrypie725 wrote

@slader23 wrote

Can universities even tell which school you took the course from? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always though that if you take a course in private school it just shows up on your transcript as a regular course code with a different ending...
e.g. ENG 4U1 would become ENG 4UP or something like that

Yes, this information is available to universities and it shows on OUAC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0