yconic - Would you consider the Telfer School of Management in U of Ottawa to be a good program?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Would you consider the Telfer School of Management in U of Ottawa to be a good program?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm applying for the Marketing program, and so far I know it gives great scholarships, and it gives placement coop for three years!
What's your opinion?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of RobbieF RobbieF
I am currently in second year Marketing at Telfer in the co-op program as well. I am really enjoying it so far. If you would like more information and are seriously considering it, I'd be happy to private message my e-mail to you. Let me know!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@RobbieF wrote
I am currently in second year Marketing at Telfer in the co-op program as well. I am really enjoying it so far. If you would like more information and are seriously considering it, I'd be happy to private message my e-mail to you. Let me know!

Yeah I'd like that thank you! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cloverhannah cloverhannah
Hi, can you also tell me some info about telfer? I don't know French at all. Does it affect my social life if I go to U of Ottawa? Also, what is the cutoff? thank you:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

what is the cutoff?

75-78 is required according to ottawa's booklet. low to mid 80s would be safe.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RobbieF RobbieF

@cloverhannah wrote
Hi, can you also tell me some info about telfer? I don't know French at all. Does it affect my social life if I go to U of Ottawa? Also, what is the cutoff? thank you:)

Hey Hannah,
To be completely honest, it's not the biggest issue if you don't know any French. Obviously, that helps to find jobs or get better placements within co-op (if you're applying to co-op), but it wouldn't be too different anywhere else. I guarantee that not knowing French won't affect your social life at all. Just keep in mind that if you're 18, you'd most probably be going to Hull, which is primarily French. Not knowing the language though isn't a big problem though.
Good luck with your applications!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anoshia01 anoshia01
hi I am also thinking of applying to telfer's school of management.. but my advanced functions marks are not that good... how do they feel about nightschool.. and is 75-78 your total average ... I would appreciate it if someone would reply soon.. thanks :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@anoshia01 wrote
hi I am also thinking of applying to telfer's school of management.. but my advanced functions marks are not that good... how do they feel about nightschool.. and is 75-78 your total average ... I would appreciate it if someone would reply soon.. thanks :D

75-78 as your top 6 U/M average. I dont think Ottawa care whether you take AF at your day school or night school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anoshia01 anoshia01
Thanks.. Also why is it that everyone keeps telling me that Uottawas business school sucks or is not highly ranked.. people are saying its better to go to U of T or something ... is this true?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@anoshia01 wrote
Thanks.. Also why is it that everyone keeps telling me that Uottawas business school sucks or is not highly ranked.. people are saying its better to go to U of T or something ... is this true?

well, its not like telfer sucks, but when you compare it with Rotman, Sauder or Waterloo, there's really a big difference.

Rotman , Sauder ,QC, waterloo and many others are internationally recognized, whereas Ottawa is more domestically known. Also, by looking at the admission average requirements, you can see Ottawa asks for 75-78 whereas other better schools asking for at least mid 80s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0