yconic - WTF Laurier?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

WTF Laurier?

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
This:

"Students whose first language is not English are required, and will be requested, to submit acceptable evidence of their English proficiency to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. This may be an official transcript satisfactorily demonstrating a minimum of 3 years in an institution that teaches in the English language, or a successful English-Proficiency test score."

In my application status, this is what it says:
---
Documents Requested
English Language Proficiency
Transcript - 3 yrs English
---

WTF :s

So I have to send them my actual transcript now, although they'll have my English marks for grade 11 and 12?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of g93 g93

@smarty1 wrote
This:

"Students whose first language is not English are required, and will be requested, to submit acceptable evidence of their English proficiency to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. This may be an official transcript satisfactorily demonstrating a minimum of 3 years in an institution that teaches in the English language, or a successful English-Proficiency test score."

---
Documents Requested
---

So I have to send them my actual transcript now, although they'll have my English marks for grade 11 and 12?

Try this. Someone else had the same problem as you yesterday (on Laurier Business Admin thread).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@smarty1 wrote
This:

---
Documents Requested
---

Try this. Someone else had the same problem as you yesterday (on Laurier Business Admin thread).

Thanks. But when should I send them the transcript? After the year is over? Can you link the thread too plz.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@smarty1 wrote

@g93 wrote

@smarty1 wrote
This:

---
Documents Requested
---

Thanks. But when should I send them the transcript? After the year is over? Can you link the thread too plz.

Looking here it sounds like you send in now. Have you studied in Canada in 9,10 and 11?

The thread is here. Probably won't help you any.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeh, I did.

But that's really stupid. I mean if they can see ENG3U and ENG4U, isn't that enough, like WTF. :s It's pretty obvious the guy who has ENG3U and ENG4U taken, is probably also capable of going through ENG1D or ENG2D, etc. lol

My official transcript would have all my four years' marks then? :s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@smarty1 wrote
Yeh, I did.

But that's really stupid. I mean if they can see ENG3U and ENG4U, isn't that enough, like WTF. :s It's pretty obvious the guy who has ENG3U and ENG4U taken, is probably also capable of going through ENG1D or ENG2D, etc. lol

Yes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@smarty1 wrote
Yeh, I did.

Yes.

Oh ok. Thanks a bunch. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0