yconic - York IT program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

York IT program

A photo of Natalie89 Natalie89
Hi
I'm considering transferring to York University and I don't know much about the school.
I'm going for their IT Degree : Bachelor of Administrative Studies Specialized Honours in Information Technology

The only reason I'm going there is because ( from the courses descriptions & outlines I have read), I have found that York is the only or let say, one of rarest schools in Toronto that offer an easy IT degree. Plus, I already took 17 major courses from the ones listed in the program outline ( from Brock University).

The only thing im concerned about, is How MUCH GPA I NEED TO MAINTAIN IN ORDER TO STAY IN THE PROGRAM? Does anyone know?
At Brock, I needed 75% major and 65% non- major average ,, which FOR ME, I found a little bit hard to do. ( I took Computer Science courses though).

Apparently, Brock was not the right school for the program I’m looking for and it’s tough!

I also would like to know about the school reputation and is there that much international students there?
I’m a Visa student (International) and I just want to know, if York students and faculty are friendly with their international peers.

Thanks in Advance!
Natalie
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of acrimony2005 acrimony2005
All I know is that IT is for people who either:
1- failed CS
2- cant handle CS

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@acrimony2005 wrote
All I know is that IT is for people who either:
1- failed CS
2- cant handle CS

Not necessarily.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vel vel
I don't know, but the general is around 2.5/4.0. See how that converts on the OSMAS scale. For a more direct answer, visit your university's admissions office.

And also, that's a horrible mentality to go into university with.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
And by the way, York is one of the most multicultural universities in Canada, so it usually is a good choice for international students. As for the reputation, I've heard about some safety issues around the campus. It doesn't have the best reputation but the school itself is good for business, law, and fine arts.
Was this helpful? Yes 0