yconic - York Health Studies or York Kinesiology & Health Sciences?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

York Health Studies or York Kinesiology & Health Sciences?

A photo of y2k12 y2k12
[size=7]What are the differences between those two?
I'm more of a hands-on type of person. I'm interested of doing stuffs like general doctors do in hospitals. Which course do I take?:bounce: [/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of y2k12 y2k12
Will anyone answer my question above?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Kinesiology & Health Sciences @ York is more focused towards learning the biophysical aspects of health, such as Anatomy & Physiology, Human Kinetics, Fitness, etc. Where as Health Studies you'd be focusing on a more sociological approach to health care, you'd be learning things such as Health Policy, Administration, Public Health Research, Biomedical Ethics, Accessibility...

Don't expect to be doing what "doctors do in hospitals" with an undergraduate degree unless if you pursue nursing, then you can expect to have patient interaction with a hands on approach. If you decide to pursue a science degree, you'll be doing mostly theory based stuff and applying it in your labs for subjects such as Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology. If you do the Health Studies degree, then you'll be learning about implementing new health policies, doing statistical research, finding ways to improve our health care system.
Was this helpful? Yes 0