yconic - York Kin
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

York Kin

A photo of jack3d jack3d
How is the program there?

which courses are mandatory and how many are electives?

I want to experience the rest life even though im within commuting distance, which res do you reccomend? i hear calumet is good. for the 6people in each suite, is that co ed?

i plan on transferring to western mac or queens after my 1st year what are the steps to do so?

how is the campus?

how is the gym?

how are the girls,parties, clubs, intramurals?

i just wanna get to know as much info as possible
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of jack3d jack3d
bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FiresinX FiresinX
How is the program there?
Hey jack3d, I'm a 2nd year biomed student at york but I would say the kin program at york is probably one of the most popular programs here. Alot of biomed students switch to kin after their first year...

which courses are mandatory and how many are electives?
Courses you have to take first year include: Kin1000, Kin1020, Math1505, and most people choose to take Biol1010...and some others ones. The two Kin courses are a must but not sure about the others (all my kin friends took these...)

I want to experience the rest life even though im within commuting distance, which res do you recommend? i hear calumet is good. for the 6people in each suite, is that co ed?
I'm not sure about res cause I commuted, but I would say living on res is a great experience and saves you ALOT of time instead of commuting.

i plan on transferring to western mac or queens after my 1st year what are the steps to do so?
I considered doing the same since I heard transferring to other schools after completing first year is less difficult to get acceptances, but from what I hear the process is tough and long...I haven't transferred to another university or program before so I don't feel i'm obligated to talk too much about this...sorry

how is the campus? how is the gym? how are the girls,parties, clubs, intramural?
Campus is quite beautiful, on your first visit it won't look as great but you'll feel more comfortable as the seasons pass by...as for the other stuff alot of hot girls at york and you can get distracted easily...alot of clubs and stuff too, but to be honest first year I didn't really do much on campus wise since i commuted so I didn't get the full university experience, if you live on campus you should be able to get the full exposure of the university life (parties, girls, clubs, instrumentals)

I hope that helps :) Good luck next year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jack3d jack3d
thank you

anymore advice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0