yconic - York U Class of '15 !
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

York U Class of '15 !

A photo of a1 a1
Just accepted their offer.... actually still thinking whether I should cancel it and accept Waterloo's offer instead...but we'll see :colors: ... Any other York '15 students out there? :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Annabubble2011 Annabubble2011
I accepted York as well, but still deciding whether I should choose Uoft over it. :albino:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of a1 a1
Haha, isn't PoliSci at Glendon though? I'm at Keele :D
-Sigh- I still can't understand why Science students won't come study at York, I honestly don't see another reason to study at Waterloo/UofT other than the co-op placements :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PoohBear39 PoohBear39
Hello =]!

WOOHOO GO YORK LIONS~! ahahaha!

I will also be attending York this fall for its science program. My program of interest is biochemistry. I guess it's because York isn't known for it's science program. I admit I do feel a bit awkward when I tell my peers and teachers that I plan on going to York for science. They always ask me why I don't go somewhere else. It's frustrating.

Well anyways, Hope to see you guys there ~! :D

BTW, I'm Asian too AHAHAH!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of a1 a1
Lol, +1 for being Asian :D!

:)

Haha, yeah, same! I just tell them I got into Waterloo, and people don't ask anymore :P

I heard there's like a day where only the new students come to the school, and just make friends, etc :D

Aaaah I'm worried about General Education credits...apparently all Science students have to take them in their 1st and 2nd year,, like English,history,etc! What do you plan on taking/suggest taking?? >:D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DiyanaH DiyanaH
Going to York as wellllllll for political science.. anyone else in the same program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sabby597 sabby597
I'm going to glendon for french studies, any one else coming to glendon? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tjozef tjozef

@sabby597 wrote
I'm going to glendon for french studies, any one else coming to glendon? :)

me :)
for political science
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@a1 wrote
Just accepted their offer.... actually still thinking whether I should cancel it and accept Waterloo's offer instead...but we'll see :colors: ... Any other York '15 students out there? :compress:

I was in the exact same position and chose York over Waterloo. This year I had to go the ordeal of a transfer back to Waterloo, thankfully it worked out.

York just didn't work for me, but it had something to do with my program probably.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of alimohamed123 alimohamed123
I'll be at Keele Campus for Health Studies, might run into a few of you there, funny story is I used to live literally right near the campus, anyone know where 455 Sentinel is :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of a1 a1

@Alliee wrote
I was in the exact same position and chose York over Waterloo. This year I had to go the ordeal of a transfer back to Waterloo, thankfully it worked out.

York just didn't work for me, but it had something to do with my program probably.

Did you find the professors/lectures helpful? I've also heard that the overall 'teaching quality' at York is lower compared to Waterloo. Did you feel that you weren't learning enough at York? That's what I'm worried about actually.
Was this helpful? Yes 0