yconic - York University Residence/Housing & OSAP help!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

York University Residence/Housing & OSAP help!!

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Because you are a mature student you are also an independent student, and I would assume you have little to no income. This would mean that you are likely to get the full loan amount from OSAP, which would help significantly with both tuition fees and living expenses.

York is still in Toronto, so not exactly the middle of nowhere. I am sure there are places to work near York or elsewhere in Toronto, it will just require a commute.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Because you are a mature student you are also an independent student, and I would assume you have little to no income. This would mean that you are likely to get the full loan amount from OSAP, which would help significantly with both tuition fees and living expenses.

York is still in Toronto, so not exactly the middle of nowhere. I am sure there are places to work near York or elsewhere in Toronto, it will just require a commute.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Sonam wrote
Thanks for the info. Also,any idea on the maximum amount of hour I should work during this summer so that it won't affect my OSAP application?!

Cheers

OSAP expects you to make $2,000 in the summer regardless, which is simple. You should aim for $10-15,000 though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0