yconic - York's concurrent ed UNDECIDED bad idea?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

York's concurrent ed UNDECIDED bad idea?

A photo of dahyunee dahyunee
Hi.. was it a bad idea to apply as an undecided science major in the concurrent ed program at york? I really didn't know what i wanted to major in.. so since i just left my major as undecided, what will i learn in my first year, second year, etc?

Also, I want to be a primary/junior teacher. Aren't I supposed to learn every subject you learn in elementary school? Why do I have to pick one major to study? :/ I guess i'm just confused??? Please help !!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
I will copy my post in the other thread in which you asked this question:

For undecided science you'll most likely be taking a variety of science courses (up to your discretion - could be anything from one of the traditional biology, chemistry and/or physics to something like environmental science). Regardless of which science you go into, most universities require some math courses to graduate with a B.Sc (not sure about York in particular, but it's pretty much standard). I also don't know enough about York's concurrent program to know whether or not you'll be taking any education courses as well. Once you've done a few science courses, you can begin considering where you want to major.

The reason you have to declare a major in the first place is because as a concurrent student you'll have to fulfill the requirements of both a B.Sc and a B.Ed. The requirements of a B.Sc include (for the most part) choosing a major. The major you choose to get is not related to your education degree at all, but is actually a separate requirement imposed on all science students whether they're in Con.Ed or not.

As for your average, I don't know really. What I can say is that regardless of where you go you should always be putting in your top effort to maximize your average. Setting a threshold for yourself might seem like a good idea, but if you reach it you may lack the motivation to do the best that you can so I advise against it.

Was this helpful? Yes 0