yconic - York's Kinesiology?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

York's Kinesiology?

A photo of chii chii
Hey guys! Merry Christmas :D

Just wondering about your opinions on York's Kinesiology program, more specifically the arts stream.

How is the difficulty? Know anyone in it? Overall reputation? How is it for work load?

Anything you have to say about it, I would be happy to hear.

As for my story, I'm really hoping to get in! If you're wondering why not the science stream, its cause my science marks suck : P If you're wondering why I would pursue something science-y when my science sucks, it's cause I'm still interested, and kinesiology seems to be science in a context I enjoy! I'm hoping to do a double major of kinesiology and fine arts.

Thanks in advance!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Blargg Blargg
I'm applying to York kinesiology as well and I would like to know more about this program too.

I'm still deciding whether BA or BSc would be better for me. Since you get to choose more electives in BA, I am leaning towards choosing BA. In BSc you have to take hard sciences and math, which I hate.

What are you going to do with this degree?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chii chii
I'm hoping to either compliment my martial arts training with scientific knowledge of the body, maybe open my own dojo. I'm also thinking of Athletic Therapy. or teaching in high school.

Can you tell I've made up my mind? ;D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Blargg Blargg
Cool. I'm hoping to get into physiotherapy. My backups are occupational therapy, athletic therapy, chiropractic, kinesiologist, and teaching.
Was this helpful? Yes 0