yconic - Your opinion on a summer school course?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Your opinion on a summer school course?

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
What course should I be taking in summer school for Grade 12? NOTE: English can't be taken in my school for the summer, and I want to pursue an engineering career.

Btw, all sciences are being offered, law, world history, economics, and accounting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
The most boring yet hardest course possible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@heesoup wrote
The most boring yet hardest course possible.

AKA English for half the student population..
but you can't take it, which is a shame.
English was actually the easiest course for me, and I'm so glad I did it over the summer.

I say you take Bio.
If you were planning to take it next year.
If not, take something you know you're going to do good in that is one of your pre-reqs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of elizamccor elizamccor
i personally, would'nt take an english course in summer school, because of all the things that you do learn in an english course that i would be worried that because the course was fit into the summer school slot that we would've skipped over or missed important things.

but my summer school only offers eng3u and 4u
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
None. Take all your courses during the school year if possible. Why would you want to do school over the summer...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well for the previous post, I want to take a course in the summer that I'm not planning to major in, to boost my average. And I was thinking of taking biology even though I'm focusing on an engineering approach, but wouldn't it be a lot of studying? My other option would be accounting, is that easy in summer school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Uncotran Uncotran
I'd suggest taking physics, its the hardest of the 3 sciences. Besides, you won't miss out on any labs like you do in bio and chem. Those labs are fun and a practical way of learning :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@Uncotran wrote
I'd suggest taking physics, its the hardest of the 3 sciences. Besides, you won't miss out on any labs like you do in bio and chem. Those labs are fun and a practical way of learning :p

I took Physics last year along with English as well.
That's the reason why I took it over the summer, because it IS the hardest Science.
But I wasn't expecting much in Physics, it was more of a preview class for me.. I ended up repeating it this year.
So if you don't mind spending a month on something you're most likely going to redo, Physics isn't a bad choice, especially for Engineering.
Unless you're one of those people who are SUPER good at Physics, then you may as well take it next year.
Biology is a lot of studying, but it's straight up memorization, so it really just takes time.
Accounting is pretty easy too, but you have to be quite organized since there's lots of steps in order to get 1 question done.. if you mess up one step.. everything after that is probably wrong.. so about 50% of your question will probably be wrong, lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ya I know what you mean i'm taking accounting right now. Is the average for accounting high in summer school? what about law, is that an easy summer course?
Was this helpful? Yes 0